Skip to content

Map Coordinates?

I see references here and there such as "at map location X1234 Y5678 there is ...". It's as if there is a graph overlay on the maps; however, I can't find any way to visualize such a thing. Is there some sort of game mod needed to see it?

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    edited February 2015
    Activate the cheats and then hit the X key. If you search for cheat codes or console commands here you should find a forum topic with instructions.

edit: Well, that works if you have the PC or Mac version. I'm not sure about the tablet versions.

edit 2: here's a link with instructions for activating the console - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization/p1
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    You don't need to activate the console. Hitting X will display (in the dialogue window) the map co-ordinates of the current cursor position, whether or not you have the cheat console activated.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Is that an EE change, or has it always been that way? In any case, good to know. Thanks.
    @kcwise - ermm, nowadays I'm so used to EE that my recollection of the original game may be losing precision, but so far as I recall it was always that way.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    If
    kcwise said:

Is that an EE change, or has it always been that way?

It was the L key in the original game (if I remember correctly).

It was the L key in the original game (if I remember correctly).

Aha! Yes, now that you mention it, I think that's correct. Still, the principle is the same: there's always been a key to reveal map co-ordinates, even though it wasn't always the same key.

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    The TAB key revealing interactable items made the key to reveal coordinates pretty obsoletes. With vanilla BG1, I spend lots of time trying to get my cursor on the place where items where hidden in the rock according to walkthroughs. Of course, after years of BG, I can now find them blind (though the Ring of Wizardry is overpowered and it made the game more of a challenge to just find a Find Familiar scroll in that spot with the Hard Times mod that alas didn't get a EE-compatibility update).
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Coordinates are still hugely useful for bug reports, at least. :)