Skip to content

Problems and issues with mods and trolls...in BG2 EE.

Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
Hello everyone, I download through beamdog, Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced Edition. But I have problems and issues with mods and with a bug...I cant kill trolls!
First many of the NPCs I add to the game dont work correctly, when Im trying to dialogue with them I cant see words bur some numbers as an options. With the old BG2 I didnt had any problem with the mods or the NPCs.
And now the trolls, cant die, not even fall down, I uninstall the game, I started again, I delete my old save games, but nothing the trolls dont die...any solution please? And an easy one please?
Also their is any correct order to put mods in BG2 EE?
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Are you using the beta of Spell Revision v. 4? If so, that is a known and solved issue.

You can download this archive, extract the .spl file and put it in the "override" folder. You will also have to find and delete the file "CDTORGAL" in that same folder. That will solve the problem.

Alternatively, you can reinstall SR and skip the "dispel" component. It is that component that has issues with the way troll regen is handled in the new patch of BG2EE.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Thank you for the quick reply, but I don't have any folder with the name ''override''. I have only ''data'', ''lang'', ''movies'', ''music'' and ''scripts''. All this in one folder with the name/number ''00783''. And I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean with ''reinstall SR'', what is ''SR''? I'm not really good with computer technology, sorry.
    edited February 2015
    No problem :)

SR is Spell Revisions. I thought that was likely to be one of your mods, since there has been problems with the new patch and Spell Revisions. I find it strange that you don't have an override folder, as that is where mods are installed.

Which mods do you use?

There might be a text file called "Weidu" in the folder? If there is, could you copy the text from that file and paste it here? It shows which mods you have installed.
    The mods I use is the ''BG2 Tweak pack'', ''BG2 Fixpack'', ''The Sellswords'' and then I just add NPCs.
    -Ajantis
    -Alora (but for some reason cant add her)
    -Kivan and Deheriana
    -Coran
    -Xan
    -Yasrena
    -Branwen
    -Dace
    -Nathaniel (but their is a problem when he walk)
    -Yeslick (but also for some reason cant add him)
    -Xulaye (error with her also)

I dont put the mods in a folder I just download them, unzip them and run then in the folder ''00783''

With most of the NPCs when Im trying to start a dialogue so I can add them to group, I cant see phrases as option for the dialogue but numbers, like''n00567'', something like that.

And no file ''Weidu''.

Thank you again, sorry for the trouble
    Regards
    No need to apologize friend. Installing mods on BG can be quite difficult for the uninitiated.
    I am not sure what has caused your troll problem ( :P ), if you are not using spell revisions.

I am sorry I can't be more helpful than that :)
    No problem friend, thank you for your time and help, take care.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Eltharion1979 the problem might be with the fixpack. I don't believe it's compatible with the enhanced edition. Most of its "fixes" are already in the enhanced edition. Try uninstalling it and see if that helps.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I have some mods too, and in my game, trolls don't fall down dead, but stay near-death. I hear the sound of an used up item vanishing. They become immune to all damage but keep on fighting. But if I do fire or acid damage they die instantly, normally. If I take it too long they become uninjured again and can be hurt by normal attacks. Do you experience something like this, or something completely different?
  • Rollingd20sRollingd20s Member Posts: 11
    This was an old problem with the fixpack and/or tweakpack before EE. As ronaldo said, you don't need the fixpack anyway, do you can uninstall it.

The solution before BG2:EE was to stop attacking the unkillable trolls after they had reached this state, which would then cause them to collapse, and then you hit them with fire/acid. I suspect that solution still works. There was some sort of problem with their script, if I recall correctly.
    Thank you a lot people for the info and for the advices, problem solved. Be well and take care.