Skip to content

[All] Add Max Spells/Level Stat on Main Character Information Screen

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited September 2015 in Feature Requests
One has to be careful when playing a mage that they pick the right spells. Unless you have a very high intelligence, you're likely to max the number your character can learn for a given level (which is based on the character's intelligence score), before you've actually learned all possible spells for that level. As the enhanced editions have added even more spells than ever before, this is highlighted even more.

On the main character information screen, I suggest you put "Max Spells/Level:". This would fit perfectly between "Hit Points/Level:" and "Chance to Learn Spell" as the pic shows below. It would especially be helpful for those new players who don't understand why they can't learn a spell with a particular character and there is no conflict in opposition school, etc.

Post edited by HaHaCharade on

Comments

• MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    A good idea.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    After the SoD release and subsequent patch, the record screen will look quite different.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    When I first saw the thread title... I was kinda, "Bi***, it's in the manual!", or "Just swig a potion!"... but this actually would be a solid improvement for new players, with no downside for the old hands.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited September 2015
    It exists in the intelligence chart in Pen and Paper AD&D, so I was surprised to find it lacking here. The game uses the intelligence/max spells mechanic, but its not represented anywhere in game where you can say... "Oh hey, I only have a 15 intelligence so I can only learn "X" 1st level spells before the game won't let me learn anymore".
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited September 2015

You guys know you can delete spells from your spellbook, right? Whenever you find a new scroll, if it says you can't learn it, just delete the least useful spell of that level and learn the newer, better one.

Yep. But you still don't have a firm understanding of why it needs to be done, since the measurement of max spells / level isn't captured.