Skip to content

Traveling between the original game and the expansion, how does it work?

Can someone explain how this works? I've read that gold does not transfer when entering the expansion after finishing the main game, i tried entering HoW with the dude in Kaldahar and all my gold was there, what the hell? Am i forced to enter the expansion after completing the main game? Can i go to the main game areas after entering the expansion by completing the main game? If i travel to HoW using the dude in Kaldahar, can i return to the main game at some point? If so, is it a one way trip or can i freely travel between original and expansion areas? What about TotL? What are the advantages of each approach, which one do you recommend? Any help is appreciated.

Thank You!

Comments

• kellclkellcl Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    The ideal is to start HoW by talking to the dude in Kuldahar prior to the point of no return in OC. Start TotL prior to the point of no return in HoW. Finish TotL. Finish HoW. Finally finish OC. That's how I did in my most recent playthrough. Unfortunately it is just not as clear cut as is in BG saga.

The biggest advantage is you do get to keep everything in your stash doing all the campaigns. Note that for TotL you cannot go back until you finish the campaign unlike in HoW prior to the point of no return.

OC point of no return - stair case with six badges.
    HoW point of no return - trip to a an icy island to kill an overgrown lizard.
  • milanmmilanm Member Posts: 27
    How do i return to original areas after beating the HoW? Does the game automatically transfer me there or what? Thanks!
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Once you beat the big boss in HOW it will give you a nice movie and dump you back in Kuldahar, all leveled up and ready to kick some frozen (and fiery) butt.
  • milanmmilanm Member Posts: 27
    Great, thanks! Do i lose anything going that route? Keeping all the gold seems like a big incentive to do so.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Nope, you keep everything. If you have any of the badges, I'd stash them in a chest in Kuldahar before setting off to HOW, just so you don't accidentally misplace them. Other than that, you'll keep all the gold and items. If you plan on doing the TOTLM, make sure you start that before going to fight the final boss of HOW, otherwise you won't be able to do it.