Skip to content

tablet control scheme and interface

Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
edited August 2012 in Android (Archive)
Some news from the currently live AMAA (ask me almost anything) on Reddit:

(http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1af7/we_are_overhaul_games_the_team_behind_baldurs/c60m510)

[–]diggerB 6 punten 1 uur geleden

Can you describe the control scheme and interface for the tablet versions?

[–]DaigleDopple 10 punten 1 uur geleden

Tap to move characters and drag the screen around, pinch to zoom in/out, and tap and hold for many things that were previously right-click actions. Text fields and item lists are finger-scrollable now. We've added a few new buttons to control the box-selection mode, as well as a select-all button being more visible. And if you hurl your tablet at the ground, it will shatter.

[–]diggerB 4 punten 45 minuten geleden

If drag is for scrolling the screen, then how to box-select?

[snip]

There is a new button on the bottom right. Clicking it will turn your next drag into a box select. Once you've made that box select it turns off.

[snip]

[–]DaigleDopple 3 punten 30 minuten geleden

Box select is a mode now, and there's a "select all" button as well.

BG:EE won't make you throw your tablet in a rage, that's just how we've implemented the "quit" button.

[–]OverhaulTrent 6 punten 1 uur geleden

On the Tablet, the current controls are: Touch: move to / interact with object / pick up / attack / talk to Touch-drag: move background (scroll camera) Two finger pinch: Zoom in/out Everything else is pretty much a touch on a single button

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Kool! Cant wait to get this to my transformer pad =)
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    I'm a bit worried by the screenshots. It seems to me like the buttons would be too small on a 7" screen. Looking at some of the reviews out here, the Android UI lines up 7 buttons horizontally. One might assume this was done for easy, fault-free pressing. Now the left side of the BG UI features 10 buttons (with some space unused), and the spell/ability buttons are even smaller! I wonder how reliably those buttons will be hit on screens below 10".

Anyone else concerned about this? I hope the Nexus 7 owners will provide some feedback on their gaming experience, come Sep 18th.