Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Spell disruption

SpaceSpace Member Posts: 71
Is there a BG:EE mod that eliminates spell disruption?

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,460
    edited March 2015
    No. There was a ToBEx option for the vanilla game to change the way it works. The EE devs implemented a lot of ToBEx options, but for some reason they tossed this aside. Meaning, the EEs are designed such that spell disruption cannot be modded.

Some people find it to be an important feature, like myself, Erg, Demivrgvs, AstroBryGuy, etc. I've made a feature request thread to bring it to the devs' attention:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36198/externalize-tobexs-concentration-check-for-spell-disruption#latest

Unfortunately it's not the kind of thing that comes up in conversation, so I think the devs just say to themselves "eh, why should we waste our time on a feature only 5 people care about?" So my advice is to comment in the feature request thread, and mention it to a dev whene we you see one, so this stays on their radar.

And in the meantime, I and others are just playing the old games instead of the EEs - side-by-side, there's not much difference, and the EEs take away as much stuff (like this) as they add. And, they're double the price.

But if and when the devs make spell disruption moddable, I have pledged to immeditely make a mod to configure it. And at that point I'll switch over to playing the EEs.

JuliusBorisovelminster