Skip to content

Quests timing out?

I know certain quests have always had time limits, but did something change in the EE edition?

I never had problems with the original BGII, but I seem to have very little to no time to complete some of the quests in EE.

I've just picked up Korgain for example, as a temporary party member whilst I quickly run through his quest. In the time it has taken me to reach the Graveyard from the Copper Coronet, I've had 2 back to back warnings from him about delaying the quest.

He then leaves me a stones throw away from the tomb, I'm literally 10 feet away haha!

I took absolutely no detours, and even hasted my party, anyone else having problems with the quest timers?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I also took Korgan temporarily in my current run, just to do his quest. No such problem for me, so it doesn't happen every time. No idea what may have caused it to go wrong for you.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    You don't have any real healer, maybe your rests take too long if you sleep until fully healed, or some weird time distortion happened.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    You might want to check your reputation. I remember one time my rep was too high and he waited until we were down in the tombs before he bailed on me. I couldn't figure out why he was leaving and I thought that maybe we didn't do his quest fast enough but it turned out that I had a 19 reputation and that is what caused it.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    Noon said:

You don't have any real healer, maybe your rests take too long if you sleep until fully healed, or some weird time distortion happened.

I had Anomen as my healer throughout the game up until this point, only dropped him temporarily. And I didn't rest at any point between picking up Korgan and heading to the tomb.

You might want to check your reputation. I remember one time my rep was too high and he waited until we were down in the tombs before he bailed on me. I couldn't figure out why he was leaving and I thought that maybe we didn't do his quest fast enough but it turned out that I had a 19 reputation and that is what caused it.

Could maybe be that. My Reputation would have been pretty high. However the two dialogues proceeding this both referenced taking to long to reach the tomb, both of which happened back to back as soon as we left the Copper Coronet.

I've just given up on the quest, I don't recall there being any worthwhile reward, I just like to mop up all loose ends and quests before heading off to the underdark. I just hope it doesn't happen again, as I still need to pick up Valygar and run through the planar sphere.