Skip to content

Killing Saverok

I don't usually have any trouble killing Saverok.

However this time I played through with only a cleric and Imoen theif/mage. Imoen has every wand in the game except polymorph other.

The cleric has to tank the battle and is ripped apart by Saverok. Imoen uses the arrows of detonation however all Saverok's party have high fire resistance. Summons is out of the question because of all the arrows of detonation exploding.

I want to start a discussion about tactics to defeat Saverok because search failed to find an appropriate thread.

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Okay this is a bit cheesy... but if you pump up fire resistance to 100%+ (ring, potion and scroll), use Paws of the Cheetah and repeatedly trigger the fireball trap whilst staying out of melee, it should nuke Sarevok and co as they chase you around in circles. I've seen it done, so unless any recent patch changed something, then presumably it is still a viable tactic.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I think that it is possible to paralyze him. There's no need to tank when he can't fight you in the first place.
  • SpaceSpace Member Posts: 71
    Wand of paralysis worked.

Any other strategies would be appreciated.
  • CaeDaresCaeDares Member Posts: 182
    Get Imoen to cast Web 2-3 times before the fight actually starts. Sarevok won't be able to move for a while, more than enough time to kill him.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    With maximum AC you should manage a decent miss chance.

That is:
    1 Full Plate (not Ankheg)
    -2 Shield +2
    -6 18 base dex
    -6 dex tome
    -7 DUHM
    -9 Ring of Prot +2
    -10 helm of buldaran
    -11 cloak of buldaran
    -14 vs slashing from full plate
    -17 golden girdle
    -19 protection from evil
    -20 potion of defense
    -21 potion of mind focusing
    -23 defensive harmony

Then have Imoen spamming web spells and spider spawn perhaps.

Reasonably easy to solo this fight even with lots of magic protection potions.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You could always use summons and just... not use arrows of detonation. I've had good luck doing that.