Skip to content

Absolutely n00b question

Sorry for that post but I still cannot get the whole idea.

#1) Am I correct that there is a EXP cap in IWDEE but the amount of EXP is huge, so it is definetely not a question of one casual game but a question of some replays with the same party?

#2) Am I correct that there is also a LVL cap set al LVL 30, so noone can upgrade in any class beyond that?

#3) Assuming #1 and #2 are correct does that mean that dual ore multi classes can "consume" much more EXP "for good" than single classes?

#4) Assuming #3 is correct if I want to prepare a good party for HoF should I always persue dual/multi classes?

Comments

• BrotherDBrotherD Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for posting that in bugs
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited March 2015
    In the current version (v1.4.0) there is a default XP cap set at 8M but all classes (mono and multi) override it with higher values. On the other hand the restricting limit is the level cap set at 30 for all (mono) classes.
    My understanding is that you can build a triple class (each class =< 30 and total XP =< 22.5M) if you want to. Let us know.
    The XP limit is 15M for all classes except with
    - Triple classes 22.5M
    - multi cleric/ranger 13.2M
    - multi fighter/cleric, fighter/druid, fighter/thief 11M
    and this is what is required to reach 30 for all involved classes (be it multi or dual with two active classes (29/30)).

I just had a quick look at it. Please crosscheck with someone else.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    BrotherD said:

#1) Am I correct that there is a EXP cap in IWDEE but the amount of EXP is huge, so it is definetely not a question of one casual game but a question of some replays with the same party?

No. The high XP cap was put into place to accommodate those players that play at higher difficulties. You get more XP all around with those, so it had to be set high to make sure that all players were able to achieve the level cap, not just those that were playing on normal difficulties or below. That was changed somewhat in the latest patch since you can now select higher difficulty without an increase in XP. It would be pointless to run a character through multiple times just to reach the level cap, as the extra play throughs would be ridiculously easy with such a high level character.
    BrotherD said:

#2) Am I correct that there is also a LVL cap set al LVL 30, so noone can upgrade in any class beyond that?

That's correct.
    BrotherD said:

#4) Assuming #3 is correct if I want to prepare a good party for HoF should I always persue dual/multi classes?

Only if you're obsessed with maxing out a character. There's absolutely no reason to go with a full dual/multi class party otherwise.