Skip to content

[Not An Issue] Mage Familiar missing!

dethengordethengor Member Posts: 5
edited March 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Steam:
279 hours in BGI:EE
471 hours in BGII:EE

And I still do not get what I am doing wrong in IWD:EE!!

I casted Find Familiar in the starter town. I had a very fun quasit (yes, I am evil, verily) and 18 con, because I clicked reroll a lot. My quasit and I, oh, did we have fun!
And then...
I agreed to a certain -- no spoilers.. Lets call it a trip.
Now I cannot find my quasit!! I still have 18 con (because mages NEED 18 con!) but when I tried casting find familiar again, because, well... he's (it's a he) is missing, I get a message saying something to the effect of, "You already have one, stop casting this, what are you doing? stop it." [Not an exact quote] and now, still with the bonus HP (min/maxer?) and no liability in the form of a possible-could-die-would-cost-you-one-con-try-again? pet/thing/familiar.
This seems broken.
I could merrily go on my way, thinking nothing, saying nothing. (I did search around a bit before posting this, just saying) and have a mage with theif-like HP. But I also like my chaotic evil quasit, who is male. I would like to have him back. If demons can be a gender... Like, maybe he's actually some non-gendered molten demonic energy from the negative plane, bent on the destruction of all that is, whatever, it's cool.
Either way, I miss him, how do I get him back? I have checked "special abilities" and the like, in hopes of finding a "re-summon familiar" ability, or what have you, but alas, I'm forced to use the word "alas!"

P.S. Thank you. If I never see my quasit again, I don't really care. You ALL do so much, almost a thousand hours of entertainment later, I can just get along ;)

P.P.S. I did close and reload
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Are you still in Easthaven? If so, did you check to see if you might have left your familiar in a building somewhere? You can also try typing "0" (or select all) and movie your party a couple of steps away. If your familiar is somewhere outside, it'll eventually come back into formation with your party.
    dethengor
  • dethengordethengor Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for the reply!

I've moved on to The Valley of Death chasing undead and Yetis (and having a blast!)
    I tried pressing zero(0) but could not see his highlight reticle, nor did moving around make him appear, sadly. I let the screen fill up with character boredom spam and no quasit =/

I don't think I can travel back to Easthaven, but I haven't tried. Maybe I could go back and grab him, sans cut scene, he might stick with me... maybe..

Also thought about erasing Find Familiar from my book then scribe it again (if I can find a scroll) and re-summon. Worried I might lose a con though! I so totally, way, way need 18 con! (I don't)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited March 2015
    Could you upload a zip of your save? I'll take a look.
    Thank you for the reply!

Just to be doubly positive I tried to summon him one more time and got the message, "A familiar has already been summoned." (or close to that verbiage)

BTW, this is a network save, as I enjoy the creative use of game mechanics ;)

The affected character is "Mordeth" He's also the only mage in the party.. so I'm saying too much... must. stop. typing.

Thanks again! And like I said before, this is NOT game breaking, I'm not upset, my life will go on. But.. If I could get the guy back (oh yeah, stop typing)
    Looking at my saves, I still have day one - hour one. I'd be fine with going back and starting over, and not summon a familiar until I get out of the starter area, if that's a possible fix. (i.e., This won't happen again later) In which case I'd be cool with that solution.

Either way, my weekend is coming up and I plan on putting some serious time in to IWD:EE!
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Here you go @dethengor

The familiar was in Hrothgar's house.
    YupImMadBrohook71elminsterdethengor
    Thank you AlexT !

And thank you everyone that looked in to this issue!

Perfect timing too, it's my Friday! *makes coffee*
This discussion has been closed.