Skip to content

[iOS/Android] Improve touch UI

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited March 2015 in Feature Requests
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • duffkittyduffkitty Member Posts: 1
    I agree, the touch UI is pretty decent considering the hurdles that needed to be overcome but there's still some small issues that could be ironed out with time. I purchased this for Android and it took a while to get used to on a Phone, I'm sure a Tablet would be a more pleasant experience but here's some issues directly related to touch.

Custom Portrait Selection: The list of custom portraits is painful to scroll through. It doesn't scroll unless I select a menu item, touch the same menu icon and drag up. Then I need to touch a new menu item and do the same. If I swipe too quickly or mistouch the wrong menu item I can't scroll through the menu.

In fact, scrolling in general is inconsistent and usually painful on touch, including reading tomes and selecting pre-generated characters on party creation.

Multiple PC Selection: Like subtledoctor mentioned, selecting multiple PCs can be difficult on touch. I would suggest long pressing on the portrait to select multiple champions but I believe that opens up the inventory.

Movement Orientation: Let me long press to rotate my party formation while walking. I hate lining up my party to make sure my Paladin is leading the charge and not my Bard.

Items: This one is interesting... On the traditional computer I can usually hover over items to see if it's just a Long Sword or a High Quality Longsword. There's a very slight icon difference that can be difficult to tell on a smaller display... I don't know the best way to implement this but maybe a long press on the quickloot bar or the loot window to see what the item is before picking it up.

And the Long Shot:
    Modding! Give us Weidu or something similar. I checked the License for Weidu and it is GPL so open source so just the source code for the script can be placed discreetly in the forums for use. IIRC WeiDU was the primary installer for most mods for the Infinity Engine and if it's available for Android use on the Enhanced Edition we could hopefully install some of the awesome user created mods! I know this is a long shot and if I'm wrong that this is a core missing component to be able to install mods directly on mobile then just disregard this sections =)

PS and Off Topic: Subtledoctor, do you happen to know of any mobile compatible mods that just need to be dumped into the Override folder to work? Unfortunately most I seem to find require editing that dialogue file... Just shoot a PM or reply and thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.