Skip to content

Jesters

What do you think of the bard kit jester? Do you think jesters are useful or is the kit largely useless?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2015
    That entirely depends on whether or not you can still stay invisible while singing (like in BG2). I haven't actually tested it to see :)
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Like @elminster said, much of the jester's usefulness stems from their detrimental song. If the song can't be sung long enough, they aren't very useful.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Bah I just checked. It forces you to become visible.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Ergo, not as cheesy. Oh, well.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    Tried it in game, in a party. Found the kit to be very useful. Song was handy in the Dragon
    's Eye. Song is worthless vs undead. Lots of Walkers in IWD.
  • DemonicDemonic Member Posts: 75
    I got to say, I find skald's song better than jester's one. Especially since after lvl 15 there's immunity to fear. But it's probably situational and I might be biased since I prefer more physical fighting over magic.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Demonic said:

I got to say, I find skald's song better than jester's one. Especially since after lvl 15 there's immunity to fear. But it's probably situational and I might be biased since I prefer more physical fighting over magic.

I agree.

My main problem with the jester's song is that it's unreliable and unpredictable - it's easy for many enemies to save against it, and even if they don't, confused enemies will often still attack you.