Skip to content

Should I up the difficulty?

I've completed every quest in Chapter 2 that I could except I have a couple more stronghold quests to complete, and I need to get that teddy bear from the child killer in the Copper Coronet (I haven't gone into the graveyard to talk to the ghost child because he only comes out at night and Bodhi would approach me forcing me to go into Chapter 2).

I went through Watcher's Keep and killed Demogorgon. It was fun, and it was challenging. However, my party leveled up so much in Watcher's Keep that they all now have at least one HLA.

Should I up the difficulty to insane now? Will that make it a little more difficult with my high level party? It's currently on normal. My party consists of CHARNAME (blackguard), Korgan, Jaheira, Viconia, Edwin, and Aerie.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    If you find the game too easy, I'd rather install SCS than putting the difficulty to Insane, it's much more pleasant to see your enemies act smarter rather than have them chunk your mage with one hit.

BTW, if you choose to go with SCS, I'd also install something like this crap so enemies aren't so low level and they give a really good challenge.
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    The issue if you take your time in chapter 2 is that the rest of SOA will be a cakewalk, especially if you reach HLA levels, since Soa difficulty was balanced for a 3mxp cap (no HLA)

I also share crevsdaak point : upping the difficulty will not change anything : any planetar you summon will still be able to solo 99% of the fights in SOA.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Insane mode is barely a problem for one who truly master the game? What are doubled damages when you simply know how not to get hit?