Skip to content

The Black Pits 2

Where can I find scrolls of protection from magic in the pits? I've seen some interesting strategies utilizing them on youtube, but they aren't sold on the scrolls vendor... at least not yet. I'm up to the 13th fight with the Lich and the bone golems.

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Are they not to be bought from the Tymora Priest? I believe every green scroll is sold by this guy.

For this fight, I can only wish you good luck.
    Bone golems are quite easy to kill with HLA.
    But the lich is a pain in the neck. She has endless protections etc... And she s immune to breach. If you have an inquisitor this fight is easy. If you don't, good luck
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can one shot kill the lich with Azuredge.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Arunsun said:

Are they not to be bought from the Tymora Priest? I believe every green scroll is sold by this guy.

For this fight, I can only wish you good luck.
    Bone golems are quite easy to kill with HLA.
    But the lich is a pain in the neck. She has endless protections etc... And she s immune to breach. If you have an inquisitor this fight is easy. If you don't, good luck

It's also easy if you have a monk and Cloak of Balduran from the 105 fight(drow). When the golems die, just keep everybody else out of the way and keep whacking that lich. Eventually you will punch through.

Here's @Abel 's guide to BP2, which is immensely helpful:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29638/the-black-pits-ii-items-and-rewards-guide#latest

No help for tactics but it does tell you what to expect.
    @Yannir: I personnaly ragequit this fight if I have no dispel magic that actually works on the lich. She has like 8PfMW and 8 stoneskin
    @Arunsun You should always have Dispel or Remove Magic. I always use a Dragon Disciple (that has remove magic) in BP2, because I don't want to waste money on scrolls. In BP2, DD beats normal sorcerer because you rarely get to use all those spells anyway.

For me, Leah Redsun was never an issue. But using Pierce Shield and Pierce Magic can lower her MR, always summon your Planetar. You also have to remember that she is undead. Your priests should have some neat tricks to help out. Sunray's and False Dawn's are a must-have.

The 402 fight is much much tougher than this one. Won't spoil the content now if somebody doesn't know.
    @Yannir I always have an inquisitor when I make a BP2 playthrough
    Btw, 402 is very easy if you noticed enemy is vulnerable to fire. Club of detonation, firetooth, here we are.
    Arunsun said:

@Yannir I always have an inquisitor when I make a BP2 playthrough
    Btw, 402 is very easy if you noticed enemy is vulnerable to fire. Club of detonation, firetooth, here we are.

Not that those guys aren't tough without proper strategy, but I meant the 401 fight actually. Got confused on the numbers. :smiley:
    401 is tougher than 402 indeed, but once again with inquisitor and a couple of other fighters it really is doable. The hardest fight is (taking your XP and Equipment at that moment) certainly 201 (and of course the very last BP2 fight is quite insane without inquisitor).
    105 is quite hard as well.