Skip to content

assassin → Fighter avatar

T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
I'm new to bg2ee (been only playing for a month or so). I'm on android so avatar changing is out of the question(I believe).

I dualed from an assassin at lvl 13 and am currently a LvL 14 Fighter ( classes activated).

To my understanding, I thought your characters avatar was supposed to look like your first class. Like imoen looks like a theif,etc. ( I really like the their look, hoods ftw)

My character looks like a fighter still, is that supposed to be?

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Mmmh I wondered about that quite recently:
    My Berzerker dualed mage never had the look of a mage and his sprite does not change when I equip a Robe.
    My thief/mage ended up with a Thief look
    My Thief/fighter ended up looking like a warrior.

My conclusion would be that, upon dual-classing, there is a hierarchy for the sprite used by your character:
    warrior>thief>mage

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    I don't think there is an easy way to change this, but there are ways. Is the debug mode available on Android/is it easy to enable? I believe you can cycle through avatars with it. Another option would be to export save games to a PC, edit them with EEKeeper to change the avatar, and then put them back on the Android device - that should probably not be too hard to do either.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202

I don't think there is an easy way to change this, but there are ways. Is the debug mode available on Android/is it easy to enable? I believe you can cycle through avatars with it. Another option would be to export save games to a PC, edit them with EEKeeper to change the avatar, and then put them back on the Android device - that should probably not be too hard to do either.

Debug mode for android, I dont think so.. I tried and used hacker's keyboard, no success. No good. As for EE keeper, my laptop charger is currently broken lol,so that's out of the question.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Here's the thing. As a fighter you can wear plate armor. As a thief, you can't. There are only animations for a fighter to wear plate armor...thus, your character uses that model.

Another way to look at it: Whenever you see *anyone* with a hood, you know that he is up to no good. Either he is a bard (which means that he is a flighty, no-good scoundrel who is going to seduce your servants and maybe your daughter too), or he is a thief. Maybe even an assassin! If you see someone with a hood, first ask him to sing. If he can't sing, kill him.

But the fighter build? That could be a fighter, a ranger, a paladin, a cleric...all good people to have around. Of them, only the ranger can sneak around, and he has to be 'good' or he falls.

As an assassin-fighter, nobody will ever suspect you! It couldn't have been you who put a poisoned arrow through the Duke's eye! Whomever was up there snuck past several guards, and as you aren't wearing a hood, it couldn't have been you.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Grum said:

Here's the thing. As a fighter you can wear plate armor. As a thief, you can't. There are only animations for a fighter to wear plate armor...thus, your character uses that model.

Another way to look at it: Whenever you see *anyone* with a hood, you know that he is up to no good. Either he is a bard (which means that he is a flighty, no-good scoundrel who is going to seduce your servants and maybe your daughter too), or he is a thief. Maybe even an assassin! If you see someone with a hood, first ask him to sing. If he can't sing, kill him.

But the fighter build? That could be a fighter, a ranger, a paladin, a cleric...all good people to have around. Of them, only the ranger can sneak around, and he has to be 'good' or he falls.

As an assassin-fighter, nobody will ever suspect you! It couldn't have been you who put a poisoned arrow through the Duke's eye! Whomever was up there snuck past several guards, and as you aren't wearing a hood, it couldn't have been you.

My assassin/fighter only wears leather. Plate is for knights and people too slow to dodge. I really like hoods :(

Btw Lmao, your response was too funny!
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Well what he can do is go invisible and switch to plate. He can still backstab like that. Especially easy if you use an invisibility potion.

That let's you get the absolute most out of both classes.