Skip to content

DLTCEP creating a new item for fighter/mage

Well, being sick of using Robe of Vecna and wanting to wear something other than the clearly elven/bard themed chains, I want to create an armor which allows spellcasting. I can't seem to find the code behind it, though. Someone knows? Or is it hardcoded somehow and I can't check any option to allow that?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I am not sure how to do it with DLTCEP, but I think it would be fairly easy to do with Near Infinity. All (most) armour has a "disable spellcasting" property, presumably if I removed it, then the armour will no longer inhibit spellcasting. It might be a bit trickier to restrict only certain classes, but I assume it can be done.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Nevermind - I'm an idiot. Basically what I did was load what apparently was the Bladesinger Chain+4 and I was looking for an opcode for allowing spellcasting while wearing it. Instead, what I should be doing is checking other, normal armors. If I loaded, say, a full plate mail, I would notice that it has a specific 'disable spellcasting' Equipping Effect.