Skip to content

tried 22 druid shapeshifter / 23 fighter dual class all 18 stats...

it seems to me there are some bugs:

1) 5pips in scimitars... when i equip on main hand from 2apr i go to 3apr,
when i equip it offhand from 2apr i go to 3apr

dagger: 1pip... main hand 2apr, offhand 3apr

nevermind gotcha... if you have proficiency in a weapon 5pips it adds an extra apr ONLY if you equip in main hand.

so if i got 5pips in scimitar 1pip dagger, and i equip dagger main hand, scimitar off hand i do not get the extra attack from 5pips of scimitar...

-------------

now another thing... is it normal my shapeshifter, in werewolf form do not benefit from the fighter apr gained at lvl 7,13 ?

cause at this point both a fighter druid and a druid get same 4apr in greater werewolf form...

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Shapeshifted forms have set stats and apr etc... you might be able to improve them with spells but not with innate stuff.

It is true (and normal balance-wise) that GM only adds 1 apr if you use the weapon in main hand.
    By the way, I am sorry to tell you you made the worst possible choice in terms of dual class, shapeshifter bringing nothing good to fighter and fighter bringing nothing to shapeshifter.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Shapeshifted forms have set stats and apr etc... you might be able to improve them with spells but not with innate stuff.

It is true (and normal balance-wise) that GM only adds 1 apr if you use the weapon in main hand.
    By the way, I am sorry to tell you you made the worst possible choice in terms of dual class, shapeshifter bringing nothing good to fighter and fighter bringing nothing to shapeshifter.
  • DremorDremor Member Posts: 40
    so far i just did some testing :P for a build
    i noticed the last part of bg2 seems rushed at best... i am not familiar with ad&d 2 but in 3 and 3.5 ed both cleric druid and mage get up to 9 level schools :) (of course poor bard is still stuck at 6 :P)

while the bg2ee cap of 8mil is more than enough (you get so many HLA choices as pure class with so few selection that about 33% points go wasted) so finishing the game at around 5mil seems fine...

i wonder instead if BGEE could have benefited for a raised cap in case there is enough xp there to grant it without grinding.

i guess i will just stick with pure class and try to see if i can defeat tob at around 5mil
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,522
    Just use a different druid kit to dual from. I personally like Avenger dualed to fighter for the extra spells, but I do dual a lot earlier than 22. More like 10-12 when it does not take ages to get the druid casting back.

Btw.. when you get to hell you can turn evil to be able to wear human flesh.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited March 2015
    Woops. Misread something. :)