Skip to content

ToB New NPC Quests

SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
Hey guys,

I'm reinstalling BG2:EE after about a year off. On my last playthrough, I didn't get a chance to run through the new NPC quests in ToB and I'd like to do that this time around. But, I'd like to go in w/ some foreknowledge under my belt. I know where to pick up all the new NPCs in the base game and how to complete their quests there. But, has anyone written a guide to all of NPCs quests in ToB? I remember seeing something that detailed where and what each NPC's quests involved in ToB, but now I can't seem to find it searching here or Googling. Sad face emoji.

Anything you can point me to that gives a bit of detail on what I can expect in ToB for each of the new NPCs is appreciated!

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    You can expect tough fights, notably in Neera and Dorn quest. Rasaad quest is notably easier because there is no real hard fights. Hexxat, I have not managed to trigger it so far so I cannot tell you a thing about her
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    Thanks, that's helpful. Ideally, I'd like to hit all 4 ToB new NPC side quests, but I'm not sure if that's possible w/ alignment restrictions.
    edited March 2015
    You might have some small banters between Neera and Dorn but none of them will fight and have anyone other new NPC leave.
    Basically, Rasaad is the mute one that won't ever say a thing, Dorn might harass the other but there will be no violence, Hexxat will not react badly. Neera will complain a little but nothing more. You can have the four guys in your team without any fight between them.
    However, as all 4 of them can be romanced, I would advice you take them 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 in different playthrough just to discover their romance.

EDIT: by the way, Hexxat ToB quest (I finally have been able to trigger it) is a real bugnest, so I advice you make a save before you trigger it.
    Awesome, thanks again! So, in your run through ToB did all of the new NPC quests trigger through normal play and exploration?
    Neera, Dorn and Rasaad trigger after a certain time, the first is some dialogue occuring after enough time has occured, while the two latter happen when you travel from one place to another (After at least 1 week of in game time with them in the team is spent)
    Hexxat, you must enter a certain location in a certain map which you have to explore when going through ToB main quest.
    edited March 2015
    Ah great, gunna boot everything up tonight and get started.
  • reap_iireap_ii Member Posts: 43
    In Tob rasaad and dorns quests trigger (random encounter) by traveling via the map. Dorns takes game time like maybe a week into Tob. Neeras will trigger near the vendor in North Forest. Hexxat triggers in the tavern in Amkethran.
    @reap_ii I did all I could not to spoil him too much but you ruined that bro
    No worries, it seems like from what I've read of the new areas, there's a lot for me left to figure out and explore.
    Not to mention some EXTREMELY OP items