Skip to content

Nalia wants me to free her castle a second time

GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
edited March 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
While Nalia was never part of my party plans, that is no reason to ignore her pleas for help! I completed her quest to free the castle at the start of Chapter 3 without letting her into my party. At the end, she asks to join, so I permit her in, and boot her immediately when asked which person to remove from the party of 7.

Later n chapter 3, I do let Nalia join, briefly, in the hope of getting the next stage of her quest with the Roenalls, but nothing is happening. Eventually I take her to her castle to see if anything will trigger there. After walking in the front door, she advises the first thing we should do is lower the drawbridge (the one we just walked across). Inside we meet her servant, who plays the ignorant 'what are you doing here' speech, despite being in the main hall. Basically, every character is giving the speech they would trigger on meeting Nalia if we had not beaten Torgal already. There are even a couple of bonus trolls lurking around, although no more than one or two on each floor. I take Nalia downstairs to see her dead dad (cruel, but trying to trigger an end-scene) and then head back out of the secret door to find her mum with the Captain still in the stockade. They play their scripts in turn, but never play the final resolution script (as we already did that the first time) so the castle appears left in limbo, with no-one taking up residence.

I now have a log for castle-related events that I cannot complete in my chapter 3 journal, along with the completed quest (which I just confirmed from the journal completed at the start of chapter 3)
Post edited by Tresset on