Skip to content

Minsc and his quest.

I really need to know, what the exactly time to save dynaheir in the gnoll fortress? I know many people in this forum asked about it but nobody told the exact time of the quest (i guess). I asked for this because I want to level up my character up to level 5 (You know, Dynaheir comes with the fireball at level 5). thank you all for your attention. (Sorry my bad english)

Comments

• justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Why want a fireball spell that badly? it is a spell that can easily bought and memorized elsewhere (High Hedge for example). Also, recruiting an NPC later might result in lower hit points (if you enable the maximum hitpointroll option, definitely so).

However, to return to your question, Charisma of CHARNAME or whoever is in the first spot of your party might change how long a timer you get. (Higher Charisma obviously netting favorable results)

Keep note that if you do not talk to Minsc at all (You can go directly to Dynaheir and have the timer start from there), your timer won't start and you're free to roam the realms for as long as you want.

hope that this help you in any way! :smile:
    diogojin
  • diogojindiogojin Member Posts: 25

Why want a fireball spell that badly? it is a spell that can easily bought and memorized elsewhere (High Hedge for example). Also, recruiting an NPC later might result in lower hit points (if you enable the maximum hitpointroll option, definitely so).

However, to return to your question, Charisma of CHARNAME or whoever is in the first spot of your party might change how long a timer you get. (Higher Charisma obviously netting favorable results)

Keep note that if you do not talk to Minsc at all (You can go directly to Dynaheir and have the timer start from there), your timer won't start and you're free to roam the realms for as long as you want.

hope that this help you in any way! :smile:

Thank you, Friend :smiley:
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Just double checked, the fireball scroll can not be bought in High Hedge, there are however quite a few of these scrolls in the game. One to be bought once you arrive in BG (at Sorcerous Sundries) and one looted as part of the subquest in Gullykin. (Checked those two)
    sorry for the mistake.
    diogojin

Just double checked, the fireball scroll can not be bought in High Hedge, there are however quite a few of these scrolls in the game. One to be bought once you arrive in BG (at Sorcerous Sundries) and one looted as part of the subquest in Gullykin. (Checked those two)
    sorry for the mistake.

No problem.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Going back to your original question, @diogojin - the quest clock starts when you talk to Minsc, and then gives you 10 days to rescue Dynaheir. (If you don't do it by then, Minsc will turn hostile and attack you.)

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get a clear and straight answer before. Is this one clear and straight enough? :smile:
    diogojinJuliusBorisovHeindrich

Going back to your original question, @diogojin - the quest clock starts when you talk to Minsc, and then gives you 10 days to rescue Dynaheir. (If you don't do it by then, Minsc will turn hostile and attack you.)

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get a clear and straight answer before. Is this one clear and straight enough? :smile:

:smile: Yes friend
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192

Also, recruiting an NPC later might result in lower hit points (if you enable the maximum hitpointroll option, definitely so).

How so? And is there even "Max HP Roll" option in BG:EE right now?

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Nihilus Max Hp rolls is tied in with game difficulty. On Normal and Easy, you always get max rolls for hp on level-up. On Core Rules and higher difficulty, it's random. This can make a pretty big difference to hp totals.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    The ten day thing always was rough for me. I am squishy at that point in the game and end up with lots of resting. Also, didn't know about it at play one. Did the mines, and then went in search of Hees Weetch. Then he went berserko on us. It was rough. I think I restarted the game so I wouldn't lose the nut job with the Mini Giant Space Hamster...

ahh, the memories of that first play through...
    diogojinJuliusBorisovprocco