Skip to content

BGEE character to BGEE2

I just finished BGEE. I want to import my main character to BGEE2. I am using OS X Yosemite and both versions were bought from App Store. What are the steps to do this?

Comments

• st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    First things first, with your Finder selected, go up to your menu bar and choose 'Go' with the 'Option' key held down. This will give you access to the Library. Then follow the path Containers\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition\Data\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\characters...

In the Characters folder should be all of the pre-generated characters you have. So export your BG1 character from the Record screen, though I believe it allows you to do it automatically once you beat the game. You'll have to move the character file out of this folder and into a similar one for BG2. To get to the BG2 folder, just follow the same path (with the exception that its going to be "com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition") and put the exported character file into the 'Characters' folder.

That might be a little bit confusing to read, but I feel like once you see how it lays out it will make more sense. I hope that helps!
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I always do it from a saved game. Just move the folder 000000002-Final-Save from ...\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\ to ...\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save\. Then when you go to create a new character in BG2, click the "Import" button, "Saved Game," and choose "Final-Save" from the list.
  • st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    joluv said:

I always do it from a saved game. Just move the folder 000000002-Final-Save from ...\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\ to ...\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save\. Then when you go to create a new character in BG2, click the "Import" button, "Saved Game," and choose "Final-Save" from the list.

I think your method is probably a bit more straightforward than mine. It's been a while since I ported a character from 1 to 2, but I do spend a fair amount of time adding custom portraits (which might be the only reason I have that convoluted path memories haha)
  • LCohen7LCohen7 Member Posts: 15
    Ok, I went through the steps of copying the final save folder into the save folder in the containers folder for BGEE2. When I go to import character the program finds the "final save" folder and my main character from BGEE1. However, the "accept" button is grayed out. I can't get my main character into BGEE2. What am I missing?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You need to confirm his Appearance, Soundset and Name before you can hit Accept.
  • LCohen7LCohen7 Member Posts: 15
    Yeah, I didn't see that. Thanks!