Skip to content

Android version: viewing item description quickly (pop up scroll)

I have BG2EE on android and am absolutely loving it. Only problem I have with it (other than the water texture overlay glitch) is that I can't view what items or spells are without holding down for full description.

On desktop version if you hover over an item or spell it's name pops up in a mini-scroll, one of the most useful aspects of checking what an item is before you pick it up.

Can't seem to figure out how to do this on android version...

Please, please, can someone tell me there is a way to do this??

Have tried tweeting beamdog but no answer....

Comments

• seamus1337seamus1337 Member Posts: 20
    Buuuuump....
    Seriously? can't believe no one else on the forums doesn't find this irritating. Makes me wonder if I'm missing something really obvious....
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I'm pretty sure you cant do that on mobile. I guess its hard to synthesize a hovering mouse with a touch screen.
    Thanks @meagloth . Taken me so long to get someone to help me out on this. Really, thank you.

Note 4 (and other Note models) have a hover function on other apps so it would be a pretty awesome touch to have this included somehow...

Even clicking the "?" Toggle then tapping things would work.

So frustrating being a bg and bg2 original player.

Mobile you don't usually have much time to play so trawling in and out of menus kinda sucks:

(click on item on ground -> pick up item -> exit ground item -> inventory -> find item/s -> hold down on item -> read item description -> exit item description -> exit inventory

REALLY long winded process to find out what it is you are picking up....

Considering mobile is the biggest segment of gaming, be good if beamdog could give things like this a little more focus if they are to be industry leaders for mobile ports....
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Thanks @meagloth . Taken me so long to get someone to help me out on this. Really, thank you.

Note 4 (and other Note models) have a hover function on other apps so it would be a pretty awesome touch to have this included somehow...

Mobile you don't usually have much time to play so trawling in and out of menus kinda sucks:

(click on item on ground -> pick up item -> exit ground item -> inventory -> find item/s -> hold down on item -> read item description -> exit item description -> exit inventory

Considering mobile is the biggest segment of gaming, be good if beamdog could give things like this a little more focus if they are to be industry leaders for mobile ports....

Yea. Mobile is nice but it still has a few issues. This, the bags of holding, arrows, those tappy things in durlags tower.
    All to look forward to :)
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251

There is a toggle added to the mobile versions that brings up a way of viewing all of the items on the floor, and hitting this will instruct your character to collect that item. I know that doesn't help with the rest, but it does make it quicker and easier to collect loot.
    Yeah, that helps in general, same as holding down tab on desktop. Doesn't help once you get into the menus though. Thanks though.