Skip to content

Favorite nerdy podcasts?

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
I'm curious what podcasts other people here are listening to. Some of my current favorites:

Watch Out For Fireballs! (Their PS:T episode os really great!)
The Adventure Zone (Funny D&D)
Judge John Hodgman (Snarky, with a heart of gold)
Retronauts (Ye Olde Video Gaymes)
Nerd Poker (More funny D&D, a little bit crass, but fun)
Axe of the Blood God (RPG's...just listened to their interview with Lord British himself)

Please share your favorites!
jackjackbooinyoureyes

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Salmon and Dusk by Myke Bartlett.
    proccobooinyoureyes
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    @jackjack that looks interesting. I'll give it a listen
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Vidjagame Apocalypse
    Laser Time - nerdy pop culture
    VGMpire - video game music
    Nerdist
    How did this get made? - funny bad movies
    James Bonding - fun James bond
    Chewin it - comedy from broken lizard guys
    Retronauts
    The indoor kids
    Its that episode w Craig rowen - TV podcast

Those are my podcasts of choice. I use podcast addict in my droid to keep up with them.
    jackjackbooinyoureyesprocco
    I've heard great things about watch out for fireballs.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    co-optional podcast: TB, Dodger, Jessie Cocks and random guess.
    Just general gaming news and randomness
    proccojackjack
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited April 2015
    Huh... this seems interesting. I pretty much only listen to two basketball podcasts and a soccer one, but these seem like something I would be into.

Okay... If you had to recommend one, and only one, for me to try out, which would it be?

edit: not really looking for videogames, but more like fantasy, D&D, movies or comics type stuff to listen to while doing inane paperwork at the office so that I may avoid banging my head against the desk. Thanks for any suggestions!
    jackjack
  • GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
    I don't really listen to podcasts all that often, but I have been listening to one called "The Roundtable Podcast"...

*Searches it up*

... oh dear, there are multiple podcasts called this. Well, I'm referring to the one done by Northernlion, BaerTaffy, RockLeeSmile and MathasGames! Casual videogame related news and discussions, not much more to say. Makes me giggle while drawing and doing work.

Anyhow, as @booinyoureyes mentioned, perhaps you could recommend one or two for me to watch-... er, listen to?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited April 2015
    Hmmmm..... I listen to a lot of NPR. Does that count? I listen to startalk with Neil degrass Tyson occasionally, and a few ted talks here and there. But mostly NPR. My favorite show is radiolab. If your interested I would recommend starting with the color Episode.
    I listened to a few nerdist podcasts a while back but it was pretty boring if I didn't know the interviewee, and I usually didn't, so I just looked for the names I knew and listened to those.
    jackjack
    Oh, yeah...the NPR podcasts are all great. Radiolab is one of my favorites!
    As far as recommending one, I'd go with the Adventure Zone. There's only eight or nine episodes so far, but they are really funny and entertaining. It's three brothers and their dad playing D&D. Hijinx ensue!
    jackjack
    CoryNewb said:

I've heard great things about watch out for fireballs.

It's pretty great. The episodes are usually pretty long, and it can get pretty spoilery when they are talking about a specific game, but really entertaining.
    I'm elbow deep in their backlog now. Listening to some of their first episodes that interested me.
    jackjack
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Podquisition

More gaming, Jim Sterling, Gavin Dunne from Miracle of Sound and Laura Kate.
    This one is funny as hell.
    procco