Skip to content

Moving a spell from BG2EE to BGEE

AmeranthftwAmeranthftw Member Posts: 57
Hello everyone,

I have a spell that I created in BG2EE which has custom projectile files. It works fine in BG2EE but when I install it (via Weidu) on BGEE, the spell loses its projectile. It's not that the projectile doesn't work, it's that for whatever the reason the spell no longer has the custom projectile in its projectile field. If I use Near Infinity to find the file and correct the projectile field to use my custom projectile, it works fine.

I'm pretty confused as to why this would happen.

Comments

• AmeranthftwAmeranthftw Member Posts: 57
    Sorry to bump, does anyone have any insight on this?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks for the help, but I am already doing what you mentioned using ADD_PROJECTILE. Really not sure why it behaved this way.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Could you copy and paste what you have written in your tp2 for it?
    edited April 2015
    Of course:

ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYACURS.pro~ ~override~
    ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYACURS2.pro~ ~override~
    ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYACURS3.pro~ ~override~
    ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYSCURS.pro~ ~override~

I do this before I copy my spell files into override.
    elminster
    Oh, I see, I'll give that a shot then. Thanks!
    So I did a reinstall recently and this issue still occurs even after removing ~override~. So the code for my projectiles is this:

ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYACURS.pro~
    ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYACURS2.pro~
    ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYACURS3.pro~
    ADD_PROJECTILE ~MyKit/data/Projectiles/MYSCURS.pro~

but the projectiles fields in my spells are still incorrect after installing the mod
    Ameranthftw
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I Hadn't tried that, I didn't realize that you were manually setting the projectile field with that until you pointed it out now. Is this something that usually needs to be done? Or is it precautionary?

I am very confident this will work, thank you, by the way :)
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    This is mandatory. Otherwise how would the spell or item would know which projectile to use?
    You shall read the ADD_PROJECTILE description in the WeiDU documentation and the SPL documentation on IESDP. The SPL file wants an identifier for the projectile. %MYCURS% refers to the new value assigned in projectl.ids for your new projectile. It is created dynamically as other mods can also add projectiles.

By the way, offset is not necessarily 0x98. This offset is only valid if the effect is the first extended header of your spell. Furthermore, if you have different effects depending on level, you'll have to patch this projectile id at several offsets in the spell.
    If you use projectile on an affect for an item, the offset will depend on the extended header corresponding to the projectile, knowing that first extended header is usually the regular hit of a weapon.
    Ameranthftwelminster
    Isaya said:

This is mandatory. Otherwise how would the spell or item would know which projectile to use?

I thought it would make the connection just as it does with resource files if you set up the ability in a program like Near Infinity.

I think I have it right now though, thanks so much everyone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Can't I just use Near Infinity to find the projectile offset for each ability?
    Ameranthftw
    Ah, that's what I figured. Definitely a good thing to learn though I agree :)