Skip to content

Tanking: Kits with aggro management tools?

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
I had to read the class descriptions of all warriors in the Baldur's Gate series myself to see that the role of protecting others is never mentioned. This has rarely been in an issue in the original Baldur's Gate series, as the AI was fairly limited and plate wearing warriors could tank throughout. This isn't the case, though, for new content in the EE versions, as mobs go straight for the casters always with nothing whatsoever that plate wearing warriors can do to draw attention back. I'm hearing this is the case with any difficulty increasing mod, too.

Now I'll admit that I've been playing Everquest as long as I've been playing this series, but plate wearing warriors there, and in most modern roleplaying games, have aggro management tools to fulfill the purpose of wearing heavy armor and having abilities that absorb damage.

My request, if it's possible, is for a series of new kits to be designed with the primary objective being to hold aggro and tank. Taunts, shouts, and any number of abilities that would be designed mainly to draw and keep the attention of foes. Warriors normally come packed with higher hit points, but the tanking prowess of these classes, however limited, should outshine that of any caster.