Skip to content

[mod?] Lvl 9 Mage Spells and Lvl 7 Priest Spells cannot be cast

KZhangKZhang Member Posts: 8
edited April 2015 in BGII:EE Mods
hi,

i installed SCS, and i cant seem to be able to cast lvl 9 mage spells and lvl 7 priest spells.

the spells still appear in the spellbook and quick cast slot, but when i click on them, the character will just cancel the action themselves.

AI is off, and its consistent for all characters.

Post edited by KZhang on

Comments

• DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
    Just a thought... in the DnD rules, a mage or cleric/druid/paladin/ranger cannot cast the highest level spells if their main attributes are not high enough. ie, mage must have 18 intelligence to cast 9th level spells, clerics etc must have 18 wisdom to cast 7th.

Could be the reason why you cant.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited April 2015
    If this is a result of installing SCS, then I think this should be posted in the mods section, not the bugs section.
    Drueric said:

Just a thought... in the DnD rules, a mage or cleric/druid/paladin/ranger cannot cast the highest level spells if their main attributes are not high enough. ie, mage must have 18 intelligence to cast 9th level spells, clerics etc must have 18 wisdom to cast 7th.

Could be the reason why you cant.

The stat requirements for casting aren't implemented in BG. The only stat requirement for mages is that you must have 18 INT to learn the spell (copy scroll to your spellbook). After that it doesn't matter.

Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • KZhangKZhang Member Posts: 8
    @Drueric, yup. the characters have sufficient stats.
    @TJ_Hooker, thanks. will repost this question in the mods section.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @KZhang you don't necessarily have to repost. If you edit your initial post, you should be able to just move this thread to the mods section.
  • KZhangKZhang Member Posts: 8
    @TJ_Hooker, thanks for the advise. Have edited the initial post.