Skip to content

Skip all the babbling in Black Pits

Hi! After I've seen the intro to a match 3-4 times it gets kind of old and just takes up time. Is there any way to skip the intro? /J

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I wish
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Right, that's that then. Can't be arsed to sit through that every time...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    The worst is the beginning, if youwant to try a different party you need to sit for about 10 minutes to watch all cutscenes, only then you are able to buy your gear and fight. Definitely needs a skip option.

Other fights are not bad, the exception is the second or so fight that the gladiators try to attack Dennaton, it is just as time consuming.
    Yeah, plus the fact that the game closes every time a laid trap goes off in match two...
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    While we're at it, plz gief option to skip the main game intro/dream sequences as well. Drives me nuts each time I run a new party to test something.

Used to be that BG2Tweaks had an option to drastically shorten these cutscenes, but apparently that doesn't work anymore in the EE. Annoying!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    You should try and pay more attention to those dialogues, they are actually quite nice, and Dennaton's voiceover is quite good overall. Not to mention the dialogue that changes for almost every fight depending on whether you have acted as a hero, a villain, or neither of these. I do agree that cutscenes might be too long, but do try to get a little more sucked in the BP2 story, it is actually rather interesting if you do not just do the fighting.
    The first time absolutely but when you've seen the cutscene ten times you kind of know what he's going to say and you just want to get to the fight...
  • mrb101mrb101 Member Posts: 68

Used to be that BG2Tweaks had an option to drastically shorten these cutscenes, but apparently that doesn't work anymore in the EE. Annoying!

i have that option installed and it works fine for me.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Weird, it keeps skipping that option for me because it's incompatible. I wonder why. Need to investigate!
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595

Weird, it keeps skipping that option for me because it's incompatible. I wonder why. Need to investigate!

There's probably something else preventing it from working. Another mod perhaps?