Skip to content

Victory! And ... Jaheira seems edgy

FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
I'm sure everybody is already familiar with this, but it was a major victory for the forces of right, so i'm gonna post it. I suppose I had better toss up a spoiler thingie anyway, just in case. After all, I finally figured out how to use it.

I guess the Red Wizard enclave got tired of our hit and run tactics; as soon as we got in the door this time a whole crew of them jumped us. Some guy named Ironhand or Ironbutt or something like that, followed by 8 mercs and 3 wizards. This guy was no joke; he wiped out two fire elementals before we took him down. I thought that might be all of them, but nooooo; another room full of yahoos lay ahead. However, at that point I had Mr. Minotaur and his pals along for the ride, so it was easier than it would have been otherwise. (I was doing it without resting).

Not being fools, the new recruits took off after that battle, leaving us to face Lanneth alone. As they left, they said they were "confident you can defeat the last wizard by yourself". Right. Not only did Lanneth still have a couple of allies left, but she was one tuff broad! The battle raged up and down the corridor and through several rooms. She gave me a schooling on how to use high level wizard type stuff. She had minor sequencer, sequencer, contingency and more cure potions than I could count ... well, ok, half-orcs can't count all that high, but it still seemed like a lot. I finally got a silence spell to stick on her, and she popped off a vocalize spell. Seriously? Who the heck memorizes vocalize???

She did offer to let "King" Gramm go if we threw down our weapons. Wrong thing to say to a half-orc berserker who is already PO'd. We threw everything we had at her, including not only the kitchen sink but a small bathtub before she finally took a dirt nap. And everybody was down to maybe 10% of their health. Whew.

Anyway, after the battle, I wanted to swap out Jaheira for Yoshimo, to do some thief type stuff, and she went all hissy-fit with me! "Oh if you're going to treat me that way after all this time, I'm leaving and probably won't be back!". That's a paraphrase, but pretty accurate. What's up with that? And before you even ask, no I have not been romancing her. Bad time of the month for her, or what?

Post edited by FrdNwsm on

Comments

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    "Wrong time of the month" insinuates there's ever a RIGHT time for Jaheira. Anyway, I'm not sure but I believe when you get to a certain point with her personal quests, you need to keep her in the party until all of her quests are done, or else she leaves for good. As I said, I'm not sure though. I hate her so I ditch her as soon as I possibly can, if I even bother freeing her from Irenicus' dungeon. Maybe someone else can fill you in better.
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    Perhaps your reputation is too low ?
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    Jaheira has a habit of acting that way. Just a sidenote, if you haven't done any of her quests yet, if you dismiss her from your party, recruit her again, and then dismiss her a second time, she leaves for good so be careful when you're swapping out her for another NPC.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited April 2015
    Mhamza said:

Jaheira has a habit of acting that way. Just a sidenote, if you haven't done any of her quests yet, if you dismiss her from your party, recruit her again, and then dismiss her a second time, she leaves for good so be careful when you're swapping out her for another NPC.

Well, hell! That's annoying. It means I can only do my whole "let's get an all evil group together" plan only once during the entire game. Hmmm, have to make it good when I finally get around to doing it. Or ... does she not care if I recruit a bunch of slimeball thugs?

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Jaheira has no conflicts with other npcs, and will not leave the group unless your reputation gets extremely low, like around 2 or somewhere around there. It should be safe to take all other evil characters and keep her in your group.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    FrdNwsm said:

Or ... does she not care if I recruit a bunch of slimeball thugs?

While she does bicker with several of them, I don't think she snaps (i.e. goes hostile and attacks) at any of the other companions in the second game.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited April 2015
    OooooKaaaay ... I think I found the problem. It's those %!*&4)# Harper's again! I headed back to the Druid's Grove area to deal with that Rakshasa (although I don't really have a beef with it myself; all it did was sell me some potions), and when we arrived, Jaheira wasn't with us. Some dude I had never seen before delivered a note; apparently the night we were en route there, she decided to go back to the Harper's and face trial, and said not to follow.

That doesn't wash with me. Like they're suddenly going to forget I'm a Bhaalspawn and cease their grudge against me? I still have their silly amulet; gonna go in there and burn the place to the ground.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    For the record, Jaheira has a pretty long personal quest (the Harper thing), and I think the way she works is that if you kick her out while the quest is ongoing, she leaves forever. She will leave temporarily a couple times over the course of the quest, though.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Akihiko said:

"Wrong time of the month" insinuates there's ever a RIGHT time for Jaheira.

^^