Skip to content

Jaheira

Hello friends, once again I come here to ask the opinion of you, recently I started playing bg2 and before starting I looked in the NPC list that are in the game, between these NPCs I was interested in picking up Jan, Valygar and Sarevok (Which are excellent traveling companions). But when I started playing the game I noticed Jaheira was trapped in one of the cells and automatically I figured she would be available to travel with my character. But ... I hate Jaheira, she is very arrogant, the spells of them are useful but Viconia is much better in my opinion. My question is, can i kick her after I leave the evil wizard's dungeon without ruining my experience with the game?

Sorry my bad English. :/
hispls

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Yes you can. You don't need to have anyone in your party if you don't want to. The only drawback is that there is a potential romance you can have with her, which obviously won't happen if she's not in your party. But since you don't like her anyway, that's not going to matter. If you're concerned about losing her Druid abilities, there is another one you can pick up later on. As for Sarevok, he doesn't appear in the main game. He is only an option in the Throne of Bhaal expansion.
    diogojinJuliusBorisov
  • diogojindiogojin Member Posts: 25
    Yes, @Belanos ,Mas enquanto o Sarevok não vem, vou usar Mazzy no lugar dele. Thank you for answering me but I have 2 questions , does my dwarf has a chance to have a romance with Viconia ? It is possible to change the alignment of Viconia without having a romance with her ? . If you can answer me I would be very grateful.

One more time, sorry my bad english :smiley:
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I can't tell you much about Viconia I'm afraid, I've never used her in a party. There is another Cleric you can get early on who's not bad. And if you're playing a female character you can have a romance with him. He's a bit of a pompous ass though.
    diogojin
    I'll try that. thank you so much for your help @Belanos .
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    edited April 2015
    Belanos said:

If you're concerned about losing her Druid abilities, there is another one you can pick up later on.

And shortly thereafter, Jaheira wouldn't seem nearly so bad!

As for romances, unfortunately dwarfs can't romance any of the characters in the original game. However the BG2EE added characters don't have any racial restrictions.

diogojin
    is good to hear/see it , thank you friend @karnor00
  • GlidderdustGlidderdust Member Posts: 70
    In an old BG1 game I played I had both Jaheira and Khalid in my party but they were both killed. I use that as my own personal cannon when I decide to not let her out of the cage. My character simply doesn't see her since she was killed a long time ago.
    diogojin
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Funny. I like Jaheira a bunch! Bossy elf girls are hot, maybe? I don't know. Her sassiness is kind of cool to me, I guess.
    lunardiogojin
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    She has some unique quests which are good for XP, story, and some nice items. Otherwise, I agree. I don't like her personality and she only has 3 useful spells. You'll do fine without her.
    diogojin