Skip to content

New Voicesets for BGEE Characters

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
This is one of the greatly appealing things about NWN1- how many voices you have available for the game (though I tweaked more in so I could use Tomi's and such). By contrast Vanilla BG had a whopping 3 to choose from per sex, and the quality, well... I'll just say I've heard "Hehe, yeah... time for a bit of the rough and tumble" exclusively of the 3. In fact, he's been pretty much my one BG male voice for the vast majority of my BG years, the only exception being custom content I acquired only last year. I've found numerous attempts at BG voicesets from player-made content out there, but most of the player voices are awful- either due to performance or the lines they invent (or both)- and nearly all the rest simply borrow from movies, TV, or other games (though not NWN for some reason). Definitely would be great to have a new official voice during my travels.

I assume that with the ToB engine the BG2 voices might be tossed into the mix, but this means the tally goes up to 8 selections per sex... which is ok, particularly since the BG2 voices are loads better for a more interesting character, but still... BGEE would be great with a smattering more :-P

The other thing NWN has is the ability to speak lines by key menu, but I won't get my hopes up on that being in BGEE...
HeroicSpurTanthalasZymran86Ingwarr23ScooterAndreaColomboAmanthorcaruga

Comments

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Excellent suggestion stranger. We could definately do with more voice sets (as long as they're not all obviously done by one person :) ).
    BhryaenAndreaColombo
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think some extra voices would be fine.

Someone needs to make the request for more character portraits too.
    Amanthor
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    2 voice sets per class per race?
    AndreaColombo
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Lol, that would be great but also a whole lot of voice sets.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Or rather 2 voice sets per gender per race. That'd be better.
    BhryaenZymran86AndreaColomboAmanthor
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I second this request. You can never have too much choice when it comes to things like voice sets.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Mr... HeroicSpur, is it? Yes, whoever you are, I agree with you. :-P There was a good suggestion in the comments section of my reddit thread on this to add race-based voices as well since all the vanilla BG voices are generally human. For sure a halfling/gnome-like voice and a dwarf (Scottish)-like one, both sexes. Not sure how to suggest an elven voice, but that should be possible too- and those with wood elf proclivities might go for that exclusively.