Skip to content

Are BP2 vampires immune to +1 weapons?

IntoTheDarknessIntoTheDarkness Member Posts: 118

In original BG2, I remember vampires were only immune to normal weapons.

However, vampires are taking no damage from my +1 weapons in Black Pits. What's their weapon immunity level, and is it different from vampires in the main game? Those creatures have the same names though.
Post edited by IntoTheDarkness on

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    +1 for sure, maybe +2 as well, have to check that. And of course they are not the same vampires. These are high level vampires. For example those with blue pants are lvl 13+ shadowdancer according to their abilities and backstabs.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2015
    Even in vanilla game, vampires have a wide variety of resistances.

At lowest, a new (fledgling) vampire has %50 cold and lightning resistance, and immunity to poison and normal weapons. And a slow regeneration. They still drain 2 levels per hit, though.

Higher level vampires get tougher. With better hp, ac, saving throws, THAC0 and attacks. They usually have special names. They max out cold/lightning immunity, even gain fire and magic resistance, immunity to +1 and even +2 weapons, can drain 3-4 levels per hit, and have a very fast regeneration rate.

Ancient vampires that can spawn in the Firkraag dungeon if you are high enough lvl, are truly, horribly scary! And they require +3 weapons to hit, IIRC.

Hexxat in the game, while lacking traditional vampire powers so she never gets op, also develops her special abilities more as she levels up. She summons wolves instead of rats, for example, and can dominate minds more times per day. She may even start gaining more resistances as she levels up, though many of her resistances are tied to her special amulet for in-game mechanics, so I am not %100 sure of that.
    JuliusBorisovGotural