Skip to content

Best Mods for BG2?

themoobthemoob Member Posts: 14
So I'd love to do another playthrough of BG2 but after doing like, 10 of them over my life, I'd like to install some mods to mix it up a little. But there's simply SOOO many to choose from. What are some great mods for BG2 I should try? Here's what I'm looking for in the way of mods:

Still keeps the original feeling of the game (and the Forgotten Realms)
New Items (Weapons & Armour especially, I'm a hoarder and love tweaking loadouts)
New kits
New NPCs
New appropriate quests
Moderate extra challenge

Comments

• MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    The various banter packs are great :)
    SCS and aTweaks and BG2tweaks too!
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    I really like some of the npc mods out there.. for other things i just use the bg2tweak pack. I find that quest mods, item mods etc are often really unbalanced, prone to breaking your savegame or just don't fit the feel of the game.

What I do use;

NPC:
    Fade npc mod over at Spellhold Studios. (Fem tiefling thief, romancable. Well written)
    Tashia npc mod, also over at SHS. (Fem elf sorcerer, romancable. Well written)

(and both have good voice sets! A common problem for mod npcs is that they sound like someone breathing down a 2$ microphone from walmart, these are good though)

Other stuff:
    BGTweak Pack (mostly just cosmetic and convenience parts of it, for item stacking and such)
    Ashes of Embers (for removing weapon restrictions from classes. i.e get longswords on clerics)

Sadly, I find most other mods do not quite reach the quality of the vanilla game and just stands out like a sore thumb, so there's no doubt this is custom content and it often feels a little cheap.
    That said, I'm not saying they're all crap.. but I guess i'm sort of caught between being a purist and a mod explorer.

In truth, I think if you installed a mod like Tashia or Fade, that alone would make a playthrough feel fresh due to their numerous interjections, lovetalks and some side quests and content.
    I can't name one single quest, kit or item pack off the top of my head that I would recommend.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Not seen this Scales of Balance mod of yours.. gonna give it a look. Is it useable for both EE games?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.