Skip to content

ToB - Did it become more difficult in EE?

Ohai dere.

Now.. this isn't a ToB is too difficult thread, because it really isn't.
However.. i am currently going through ToB for the first time since EE was released, and I can't help but wonder if it's more difficult this time around or if I had more tricks up my sleeve in the past 1000 playthroughs i've done.

I was playing on normal difficulty just breezing through SoA and even got HLA before Suldanesselar (4 char party) and you know.. just kicking the shit out of everything in my path, especially as a F/M with stoneskin, fire shields, spell turning and what have you.

But now in ToB, with the same char.. and I have Sarevok and Anomen to back me up, between the three melee chars we dish out astounding damage - but so does the enemy!

I'm surprised, shocked almost, at how quickly the enemy (especially fire giants) beat us all to a bloody pulp.
They easily do 20-25 damage in one blow, even after I turned it to easy just to test.

So I'm just wondering.. have the enemies become significantly more deadly in EE, or do I simply not remember this detail from vanilla? I swear I had a much easier time in the past, where i could just let auto-scripts take care of everything. (I even use healing potions now!)

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Except for new content which is a lot harder than vanilla ToB, nothing was changed.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Yeah.. once I got past the fire giants it was all back to simple living. Their brute force was hitting me fairly hard and caught me a little off guard. Now that i'm back to slaying drow, beholders, mindflayers and other weak mongrel it's easy as goblin pie.