Skip to content

[Win 7 - Steam] Jan Jansen's Missing Fireball Spell And Possibly Others

DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
I have played through this game several times before, and I remember him having fireball. It may just be this playthrough is bugged? I dunno. He doesnt have it in his spellbook, yet I cannot add it to the spellbook because it seems he already has it in his spellbook. It is not greyed out like a spell he cant use because of his class. The fireball spell itself does not list illusionist as a class that cant use it. Nor is it highlighted in green as a spell that isnt in his book and writable. Yet it is not in his spellbook, and neither can he write it, nor is it a spell he cannot use. There could be other spells with the same issue, I havent checked everything...

Is it repeatable? I dont know. I can try playing some new games and see.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited May 2015
    You may have hit the maximum spell numbers allowed by his intelligence. Gulp a potion of genius and try again. (Or delete another spell from the third level page to make room for the fireball)

I can not recall if he has fireball spell in his book originally, I know he has flame arrows and lightning, but not sure with the fireball. If you remember him having it in a previous game, know that you may have found him at a lower lvl now, and some npcs may have different spellbooks depending on their spawn level. (Which is depended on your level when you first meet them)
  • DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2015
    Hes been this way since I picked him up in my party. The spellbook is nowhere near full. I can buy lots of spells and add them to the book. Fireball is bugged.

No he doesnt start with fireball, you have to learn it later. I have done it many times before. But currently, there is some bug at work. If you recall what I wrote, the spells has the appearance of already been added to my book indicated by a lack of a green highlight.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Just pick skull trap instead, it is better than fireball whatsoever
  • DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
    Nevermind its not a bug. He just happened to have all the 3rd level spells he could learn...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited May 2015
    Arunsun said:

Just pick skull trap instead, it is better than fireball whatsoever

Illusionists hated the anatomy and forensics classes back in the wizard academy. (No necromancy for them)