Skip to content

My own house

PaladynPaladyn Member Posts: 23
Hi!
In my first words, please excuse me, if this had been covered earlier and point me to right topic, if necessary. Also, bear in mind I'm completely green, when it comes to moding.

One mode I'm dreaming about is to be able to nominate house in area and take is tas my party's hideout. Place I can stash items and take rest. Something like strongholds in BG II or "Night Shade Inn" in IWD.

Has such mod been created? If not, is it hard to do it for someone, who has no experience in moding?

Kind regards,
M.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    There are already unoccupied houses in BG1 that would suit this description, like the one close to High Hedge. If you want a particular house you might have to edit it in order to get rid of the people and allow resting there, but it wouldn't be very difficult.
  • PaladynPaladyn Member Posts: 23
    How do I edit? Ia there some kind of tutorial?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Shin said:

There are already unoccupied houses in BG1 that would suit this description, like the one close to High Hedge.

Are parties currently allowed to rest in the High Hedge house? It used to be that they couldn't, unless this was changed in EE.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited May 2015
    Paladyn said:

How do I edit? Ia there some kind of tutorial?

You need to open the area file in question in an editor like Near Infinity and make sure it allows resting as well as remove other occupants. If you know what building you want I can do it for you.

Are parties currently allowed to rest in the High Hedge house? It used to be that they couldn't, unless this was changed in EE.

Yes they are, I usually do so while in that area for good RP - could be that I have a mod that alters it, but don't think so - nevermind, I do have the rest anywhere component of BG Tweaks installed; you are probably right.
  • PaladynPaladyn Member Posts: 23
    Honestly, I want to do it by myself to learn how to edit/mod game.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I want a house to, Kagain's store is a place I often use to store my stuff.

But i don't know if we can sleep there.