Skip to content

Party help!!! Want Edwin...{Spoilers}

zachwsuzachwsu Member Posts: 5
A little background. This is my second or third play through of BG2,with my first couple of attempts being with a good alligned party. This attempt I wanted to go with an evil alligned party. I figured who i wanted as my primary npcs - viconia, korgan, dorn, hexxat and edwin. The only problem is I accepted Bohdis offer prior to starting the shadow thieves questline, so I missed out on the opportunity to get Edwin. (I figured he would just show up at the Copper Coronet...wrong). I have only played vanilla BG2 and have never attempted any mods. Is there any way to add Edwin to my party? If so, how do I go about doing that? I am not super computer savvy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by zachwsu on

Comments

• YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Did you try to go to Mae'vars guild hall? You might have to fight everybody but I think you can still recruit Edwin. I have no idea really, just throwing my thoughts your way. Personally I always do this questline first since it's the easiest way to get to that 15k gold.
  • zachwsuzachwsu Member Posts: 5
    Yah thats a no go. Theres two locked doors at the entrance of the guild hall that cant't be picked. You either need a key given by Renal Bloodscalp or the attendee has to open it for you, can't remember. When I wiped out the shadow thieves I didnt find any special keys that would open those doors.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Do you have the cheat console activated?
    It can be used to both spawn any NPC and make them join your party.
    No I don't...haven't messed with any of that stuff. I was reading about that somewhere where you have to modify the game file by adding Debug Mode=1 or something like that...
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Yep. Quit the game and add the line

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

to the file Baldur.ini, after the other Program Options lines.
    Thanks I will give it a try!!
    Thanks all!! Used debug 1, than was able to "teleport" passed the locked doors and initiate the dialogue even though the Shadow Thieves were already dead haha