Skip to content

Help! Dorn's quest bug?

So I made quite a few detours here and there but here is a brief summary on what brought about this bug:

I recruited Dorn from the Friendly Arms Inn (I rejected him during the Bandit encounter) and killed Kryll. Then I left him at the Friendly Arms Inn to pick up Rasaad to complete the Cloakwood Mines quest, because I wanted to trigger Rasaad's quest option. Now, before heading to Baldur's Gate Bridge, I went back for Dorn again and when I spoke to him, his dialogue became just "You'll see the errors of your ways soon enough. Begone", without the option to recruit him back to my party again (for the second time).

I suspect the reason might be due to the fact that I am in Chapter five now (after completing Cloakwood Mines), whereas the quest to slay Simmeon was in Chapter 4 previously.

Does anyone have any clue how I can resolve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Dorn won't join a party with a reputation over 18.
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    I doubt that it has to do with the chapters as to get to Simmeon you have to be in Chapter 5.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @Jalily you are a saver! I killed a random frolicking customer in the inn and lost 10 reputation points and talked to Dorn again and the option to recruit him miraculously came back!

Now, I have to think of a way to dishonour myself slightly to get Dorn back. I have an unsolicited heroic reputation of 20
    Alright, guys, I've another problem. Now I've got Dorn in my group and we made our way to Baldur's gate bridge but Simmeon is nowhere to be found. The dialogue about him sensing Simmeon's presence is not triggered too when I reached the bridge. Also, this is the first time I entered this map, so I can't figure out why this doesn't work still.

Does anyone know how I can tamper with the console coding to re-trigger this part of the quest? thanks a lot!!
    He's on the northern side of the bridge.
    Jalily said:

He's on the northern side of the bridge.

Yes, I've searched the entire map, even the spot where I know Simmeon would appear (saw it on Youtube) but he and his lackeys are just not there :/
    Try this: C:SetGlobal("DORNPLOT","GLOBAL",3)
    edited May 2015
    Jalily said:

Try this: C:SetGlobal("DORNPLOT","GLOBAL",3)

I tried again today, by going to Nashkel and back to the bridge and it works now. I'm really confused by how it worked but it seems that I managed to sidestep the bug. thanks so much anyway! :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    johntyl said:

Alright, guys, I've another problem. Now I've got Dorn in my group and we made our way to Baldur's gate bridge but Simmeon is nowhere to be found. The dialogue about him sensing Simmeon's presence is not triggered too when I reached the bridge. Also, this is the first time I entered this map, so I can't figure out why this doesn't work still.

Do you have any mods installed?

johntyl said:

Yes, SCS
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    johntyl said:

johntyl said:

Yes, SCS
    I've had experiences where Dorn's quest wouldn't trigger as a result of certain mods that I've installed. I've never played with SCS though, so I don't know if that's applicable in your case.