Skip to content

Question about the UI design..

DemossDemoss Member Posts: 52
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Will it be based on the original's, like the brown style, button/icons etc? In other words even though its a redesign are you keeping with colours and such of the original? same question about the main menu also.

(BG1Tutu had an optional download to have BG1's GUI even though it was the BG2 engine.)

Sorry if it's been asked before. :/

Comments

• MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Trent stated the original UI was "elven" like. The new one should be "dwarf" like. Thats the best I can offer you ! :D:D But screenshots should arrive soon.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    You can find some "alternative" screenshots of it here :
    http://baldursgate.com/ipad.en.html

Alternative because they're not full quality. They are photos of a screen, so yeah. But still, it's a start :)
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    how was the original "elven" like if it was made of stone. Im scared of the dwarven one now.
  • DemossDemoss Member Posts: 52
    So it looks like the BG2 UI not BG1? hmm..
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Roller12 That immediately made me think he was referring to the BG2 interface, I'd assume he mean't that by the "original" unless otherwise stated.
  • DemossDemoss Member Posts: 52
    So dwarven should BG1 in theory? that would be nice if so.. the UI is big breaking point on whether i buy this game for the 3rd time. (got boxed and Gog versions) As the widescreen mod doesn't work that well anymore so I'm stuck with original resolutions on those.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Roller12 said:

how was the original "elven" like if it was made of stone. Im scared of the dwarven one now.

The BG2 UI was elven, while they made the BGEE's UI dwarven, from what I could understand. After all, the BG2 UI does look elven... roots and branches and bark and all that.