- will take a 2nd * in Bastard sword eventually BUT
- need a blunt

So;
- Flail ?
- Hammer ?
- Morningstar ?
- Mace (of disrupt yer ass) ?

Minsc will have Azuredge axe.

Answer is not actually obvious as I have yet to create my BG2 party this time around and have lots of options for whom may wield said weapons.
My go-to is obviously undead killing benefits, as befits my class but some are late in game and miss a lot of fun.
FoA is always the go-to but I'd like to mix it up this time and Pretty-Boy can swing it well if I take him.

Now, am I gonna switch off from my 2H and Bastard often? Sure will, it's a fun game and love playing diverse.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2015
    I would take Mace. Midway through SoA you can get a Mace that's perfect for fighting undead.

Edit: which you actually mentioned, of course.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I'd probably go flail or hammer, on the principle that you'll be plenty good against undead without the Mace of Disruption, and you'd probably rather give the weapon to someone who needs the help.
    Dexter
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I agree with @Jarrakul - it's a more efficient use of resources to give the Mace of Disruption to someone who isn't already good against undead, not to an Undead Hunter who doesn't need that boost.

Since your UH is already focused on two-handed weapons rather than sword-and-shield style, I'd consider giving him Quarterstaff proficiency as his blunt option. There are some very good staves in BG2!

If you want a one-handed blunt option, efficient allocation of proficiencies depends very much on what your party composition will be, but on average you're likely to be best off with some points in Flail/Morningstar (which is one proficiency, not two as implied by your OP).
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I remember that minsc actually has proficiency in mace already. So he could go with the mace of disruption.
    There are also some nice clubs available in the game. A +2/+x against undead and a +3 with extra acid damage for instance.
    JuliusBorisov