Skip to content

Petrification bug

lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
Minsc was petrified by elder orbs in Abazigal's lair. I had to retreat from the battle, leaving the area. When we came back, his statue was there, still frozen in battle swinging his flail of ages+3 and crom faeyr. But there was no circle under his feet, he was not selectable or targetable by spell or scroll, so I couldn't stone to flesh him. And then, Neera surged for a cow and the shockwave blew his statue apart. Bye bye, Minsc&Boo you shall be missed. (I play minimal reloads so I accept his death, just as I accepted Rasaad's and Jaheira's consecutive demises at the end of a fallen planetar's sword in underdark.)

This has happened once before, in another game, with Minsc, when Prebek and Sanasha (Xzar's apprentices in the docks building) petrified him with a chromatic orb, we have left the building and came back, slew them all, but Minsc statue was still untargetable and he was gone forever.

Is this a bug special to Minsc, or is it related to me leaving the area and coming back? Never had such a bug with basilisks petrifying my npcs waaay back in bg1.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    Running any mods?
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    And btw, Hexxat dies permanently if she is petrified. At any difficulty. If you Stone to Flesh her, she goes gas-form and wonders off to an unknown location.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    elminster said:

Running any mods?

Ofcourse. SCS, item randomiser and a few more tweaks. Nothing that edits flesh to stone spell or npcs or their interactions, though.