Skip to content

Dorn and Kryll and Bodies Oh My

Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
I started a new playthrough with a half-elf druid / fighter. With Jaheira in my group, one of my favorite strategies is double entanglement, rushing with Dorn, Khalid, and Montaron, using Jaheira for support, and throwing knives at my target.

Well, the group came upon Kryll. You know the drill. I'm somewhat trying not to meta-game, but I'm not an idiot either. We fought some skeletons, Dorn sensed her presence, and I saw a couple of dead bodies on the ground. Necromancer + Dead Bodies = No Good. So as a precaution, I casted double entanglement.

Lo' and behold, Kryll was standing there. A dialogue was attempting to initiate, but it was hilariously delayed seeing my party, specifically Dorn, try to walk up to Kryll whilst getting entangled. He was able to initiate dialogue eventually, but interestingly, with entanglement still active, none of the bodies were spelled into skellies and we dispatched her rather quickly.

The consequence was interesting. First, the abyss and Simmeon's letter conversations occurred, and so no problem as far as Dorn's quest goes. But five (dead?) bodies were lying around and I wasn't sure what to do. I decided to kill the woman, deducing that that couldn't possibly be Taris' husband and wanting to see what would happen. Weirdly enough, I took a reputation hit! Does this mean that they're *not* dead or am I getting penalized for desecrating bodies?

I was somewhat excited to be able to return to Taris and inform her of her husband, but there were, sadly, no new dialogue options, which put me in the awkward position of lying about her husband's death. Oh well, when he awakes, maybe he'll start a new life in Beregost, or, maybe he'll surprise her and she'll appreciate him for the first time in his life (assuming she didn't quickly rebound remarry)?

So, yeah. Little disappointed about that. This *does* re-trigger the old dialogue mode bug, but I was able to save and re-load, which switched it back to normal.