Skip to content

New Rancor Icon for Dorn, Is it Better?

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
edited May 2015 in BG:EE Mods
Leftmost: Old Rancor vs. Rightmost: New Rancor.

Which one do you personally think is the superior Two-Handed Sword Icon?
  1. New Rancor Icon for Dorn, Is it Better?16 votes
    1. New Rancor on the Rightmost.
      50.00%
    2. Old Rancor on the Leftmost.
        6.25%
    3. I am Neutral.
      12.50%
    4. Rancor needs Improving.
        0.00%
    5. Both are bad.
      12.50%
    6. Improve more Enhanced Edition Item Icons!
      18.75%

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Moved to the BG:EE Modding forum.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited June 2015
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *Rancor Version 1.3 Download Found Below* (It is the Next Post with the 'Rain Bow Divider-Lines' :smile:)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @Dee Thank You, I knew I was missing something :-P.
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    Well, I don't care, because it's only for Dorn. No offense, but it's still cool.

"Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!"

edited May 2015
    Rylorn23 said:

Well, I don't care, because it's only for Dorn. No offense, but it's still cool.

@Rylorn23 Oh I got you covered: Meet Osprey's ('Trial' Candlekeep Party N.P.C.) Unique Purple Two-Handed Sword +1. (Swords with sharing built in, guaranteed shareability!)
    [Spoiler]image
    image[/Spoiler]
    edited May 2015
    Rylorn23 said:

Wait a second hold on.. Only for Dorn? Do you only play with good party members? (" ͡° ' ͜ʖ ͡° '). Dorn's Two-Handed Sword +1 stops only good aligned party members from wielding it.. Neutral and Evil characters can wield it but they do not get the +2 bonus if the sword killed something in the last 24 hours, that is exclusively for Dorn. So Shar-Teel in theory could wield Rancor as a Two-handed Sword +1 but then again she is out classed by Dorn..
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    I never thought that fatigue could be lessoned. Should it also study for a bachelor's degree, so as to further its education?
    No offence intended, there's an amusing typo in the sword's description :smile:
    @God, Which sword are you referring to? Osprey's Unique Purple Two-Handed Sword +1 or Rancor? *Although I think that you mean first and not the later; but lest I assume..* Okay I got to try and find this silly typo, you know what they say about getting a proof reader :-P.
    edited May 2015
    Oh @God! I found it: Lessoned.. I guess your comment was rather *shades* En-lighton-ing.[Spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o
    *YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH*[/Spoiler]
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I wonder if Rancor would be hilariously misnamed Bantha in BG3? :wink:
    edited May 2015
    @DreadKhan Wampa +1-2.

@DreadKhan Wampa +1-2.

Wampa +1, -2 vs Jedi With a ****ing Lightsaber
    edited May 2015
    @DreadKhan ****ing Lightsaber +1, +2 vs Wampa?
    Lightsaber +1, +12 Hackmaster vs Wampas!
    edited May 2015
    @DreadKhan Ad&d 2nd ed version: Radiant Saber of Light +5, + 12 vs. Wampa and Bantha doing creatures :-P.
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    @WithinAmnesia said: Wait a second hold on.. Only for Dorn? Do you only play with good party members? (" ͡° ' ͜ʖ ͡° '). Dorn's Two-Handed Sword +1 stops only good aligned party members from wielding it.. Neutral and Evil characters can wield it but they do not get the +2 bonus if the sword killed something in the last 24 hours, that is exclusively for Dorn. So Shar-Teel in theory could wield Rancor as a Two-handed Sword +1 but then again she is out classed by Dorn..

What I trying to say is, that it's only for Dorn and no one else. If anyone could use it, it would be fine. Of course I playing both with good and evil parties. I in truth played BG, IWD and NWN series as a Paladin/Knight type, but not always. And since there is a blackguard here, I see my PC character as Dark Knight or something like that. Before EE was released, I tried Kit mods like Anti-paladin from tactics, blackguard from sword and fist mod, and finally morrowgate. This mod will allow your Fallen paladin ( no kit ) using his abilities like lay on hands, spells, turn undead and you also gain Detect good/protection from good. But first install Divine remix before morrowgate.

So Dorn is actually useless to me. Because I don't want to have two characters with same kit. Like I was inquisitor and have Keldorn in my Party. That's lame. I want balanced party with some new and cool npc characters and items. And there is no another evil paladin kit that I could use. So no.... I don't want that purple half-orc blackguard in party, because I also hate him. For many reasons. Sorry.
    @Rylon23 so for you it is bad, but is the B.A.M. in general bad or good? As just from a non- game play / implication / implementation stand point. I your mind, is the above B.A.M. image of the 'Reforged' Rancor B.A.M. an improvement for people who would use Dorn? Basically is it better to have that new B.A.M. or not regardless as to how it is implemented the game?
    edited June 2015
    Here is Dorn's finished, thrice 'reforged' personal Two-Handed Sword +1-2, Rancor. File is attached below within a .RAR file that was compressed via WinRar.
    ^'Non-Reforged' = Leftmost, Reforged = Rightmost.