Skip to content

Off-topic, *Please!* (And thank you for doing such a good job with this forum)

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
I apologize, because I think this has almost certainly been mentioned several times, but could we *please* have an off-topic forum so we can discuss anything and everything game-related or otherwise with each other? People are making online friends here, and I think most of us are interested in getting to know each other in gaming areas (or even other areas) that aren't directly related to BG:EE.

My observation and experience is that most successful game companies support an off-topic forum for their customers' convenience, which raises positive public perception of the company as user-friendly.

And, you guys are doing a fantastic job with this forum so far. I am seeing features for the first time here that I wish were in all forums - social "like" buttons, saving the last place you read in a thread, marking new posts in previously read threads with a yellow "new posts" alert, motivational "badges" for good community citizenship, an exemplary personal notifications system, and all sorts of goodies.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing - thank you for allowing discussion of Icewind Dale! One of my pet peeves about the Bioware boards is that the moderators there almost mercilessly suppress any mention whatsoever of Icewind Dale and Planescape:Torment.

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    It would definitely clean up a lot of the "General" subforum, since all offtopic threads are being made in there by now.

I would support such a feature, if only to discuss non-BG related things in a more orderly fashion. Who has the power to make it happen though, I don't know.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Yes, we do need some forum fixes indeed. Not only do we need the "off-topic" but we also need the "cogs" on the forums home page to work (I can only make them work on the mobile version).
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Sorry, this was a good thread until IWD and PS:T were mentioned. Closing this one down in a hurry... ;-)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I totally agree Belgarath. It would also help the 'General' forum being cluttered with topics that aren't informative at all, but just baseless polls and chatter.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit grumpy, I'm getting irritated lately with the speed with which discussions about the game keep disappearing of the front page quickly because of all those random polls that are fun, but should really be separated off in a separate off-topic part.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Son_of_Imoen: You're wrong, they aren't fun.