Skip to content

Bunch of random questions about *spoilers* and possible mods...

Earlier I posted on reddit about some questions:
http://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/38w53o/i_have_some_questions_if_you_please_spoilers_for/

There's various different issues here about both games so I didn't know which sub-forum to pick.

I thought here might be better to post on this site than reddit so i'll repeat the issues that weren't solved there:

1. How do I guarantee I get Rasaads third (good) ending where he lives?

2. If I kill Hexxat, could I edit her bag of holding into my items by using something like EE Keeper? If she canonically has it I want it! What program would I need to edit any bag of holding into my inventory after killing her?

3. With EE is there a level cap for 1/SC? Can I remove it, if so what mod?

4. With this new expansion between 1+2 do you think I am safe to complete EE 1?
Or do you think you need to start from the beginning once the new part is installed? I don't want to play "too far".

5. I don't like the idea of NPC's being level 1 or whatever when you get them, they should be adventuring on their own in the mean time, can I use an editor to make NPC's the same level as my party if I get them to join?

6. Is there a mod for resurrecting dudes from the first game who die in the second. Unless there was gibbing or magic involved, why can't you just pick up their bodies and pay for or cast resurrection like on your own party members? This always seemed like a borderline plothole you wouldn't couldn't do that for your friends. Xzar, Monty, Ajantis and some other chick in BG1 all die in mean-spirited ways in 2...

7. Is there a mod to stop Irencus auto-gibbing the asylum people when he runs away. That always seemed dumb and pointless and had no in universe explanation.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Answers to the ones I know the answers to:

2. You should be able to use EEKeeper to just add it to your inventory. I haven't tried, but there's no reason it shouldn't work.

3. There is a level cap for BG1EE (161,000 xp). You can remove it with one of the options in the G3 Tweak Pack, found here.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

4. I assume you're referring to Adventure Y? I'd go ahead and play as normal until it comes out, but it's up to you.

5. NPCs already scale to some extent by default. If the scaling isn't strong enough for you, you can always use console commands or EEKeeper to give them extra experience. If you do use EEKeeper, I'd just modify their experience directly and level them up in-game, as adding levels directly with EEKeeper gets weird sometimes.

6. Not that I'm aware of, but check google. There are a lot of BG mods, and you never know.

7. Again, not that I'm aware of. And in this case, I rather doubt it. It wouldn't actually make much difference, after all.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Kuririn said:

2. If I kill Hexxat, could I edit her bag of holding into my items by using something like EE Keeper? If she canonically has it I want it! What program would I need to edit any bag of holding into my inventory after killing her?

EEKeeper will take care of all your save game editing needs. It's easy to use and fairly powerful, and it can definitely give you Hexxat's bag if you want it.
    Kuririn said:

3. With EE is there a level cap for 1/SC? Can I remove it, if so what mod?

You can remove the XP cap with the BGTweaks mod (works for both BG1 and BG2, and even IWD if I remember). The default XP cap in the BG games is a cap on overall experience per character, no matter how you distribute it (single, dual, multiclass etc. - total value counts). In IWD the cap is an actual level cap (30?) on EVERY active class, regardless of the amount of XP - which means you can get to lvl30 single class, or lvl 30/30/30 in multiclass, or lvl 29/30 in dual-class (guess 30/30 works too but is useless).
    Kuririn said:

4. With this new expansion between 1+2 do you think I am safe to complete EE 1?
    Or do you think you need to start from the beginning once the new part is installed? I don't want to play "too far".

I wouldn't worry. We don't know all the final details yet, but I imagine there will be measures in place to make the transition smooth and proper - and if it does go wrong, you can very easily edit XP values/levels with EEKeeper.
    Kuririn said:

5. I don't like the idea of NPC's being level 1 or whatever when you get them, they should be adventuring on their own in the mean time, can I use an editor to make NPC's the same level as my party if I get them to join?

Absolutely. I believe BGTweaks also has an option to just give NPCs a bunch of XP, but not level them when you get them; that way you can distribute the weapon proficiency points etc. yourself. Or you can always manually edit everything in - you guessed it! - EEKeeper.
    Kuririn said:

6. Is there a mod for resurrecting dudes from the first game who die in the second. Unless there was gibbing or magic involved, why can't you just pick up their bodies and pay for or cast resurrection like on your own party members? This always seemed like a borderline plothole you wouldn't couldn't do that for your friends. Xzar, Monty, Ajantis and some other chick in BG1 all die in mean-spirited ways in 2...

There are mods to add characters from BG1 to BG2, but not all of them. At least two of the characters from BG1 actually die canonically, so it would be a bit tricky to get them back. However, this is not something you can do with an editor, and will require a mod. Note: it doesn't actually matter who dies or doesn't die in BG1, when you start BG2 it will always assume a default outcome. Your choices from BG1 are not saved or transferred to BG2 (with the exception of a select few items).
    Kuririn said:

7. Is there a mod to stop Irencus auto-gibbing the asylum people when he runs away. That always seemed dumb and pointless and had no in universe explanation.

Not to my knowledge. This could definitely be modded, but I haven't heard of anyone doing a mod for that so far. Maybe you will be the one? ;)