Skip to content

How to find and change variables in DLTCEP?

SecretlyaFishSecretlyaFish Member Posts: 8
So, I was dissatisfied with the Slayer change in BG2, namely the 100hp limit, and the part where it kills you too fast. I was planning on changing this, but unfortunately I get this error " Cannot load c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\baldurs gate ii enhanced edition\itemchecker.var

I searched the spell spin822, the one that lets you change into a slayer. But unfortunately it was no help. It had one thing that changed the variables called "Slayer10", however I couldn't find this anywhere. Am I going the right way about this? Or is there a different easier way to change things around how I would like?

Help would be greatly appreciated. I have previously made 2 topics on this website, and nobody bothered to even respond.

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Have a look at the slayerw*.itm files.
  • SecretlyaFishSecretlyaFish Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for your help! Unfortunately I seemed to have made the slayer all but invincible! I can see why they put so many limitations on it. If you haste the slayer, it gets 10 attacks, which is comical and insane. It sucks to admit, but the vanilla version of the slayer, after experiencing how with just a few tweaks it becomes completely OP for shadows of amn, is good enough. I'll be going back to the original files :smiley: