Skip to content

IOS 8.3 ee keeper

BleegoBleego Member Posts: 18
I'm at a loss as to how to manage to get my saves edited. I just want to change my character's alignment from chaotic good to true neutral to be in line with what's available in bg2 vs bg for my toon. And maybe get the genuine illithium ore as I screwed that up. Plus eventually it might be nice to move my proficiency points around to try different weapon combos.

I am able to run ee keeper fine under wine skin on my Mac. And I am able to get my saves out of my iOS device using iBackupBot. But I'll be damned if I can get ee keeper to open my saves. Any advice?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Make sure you are pointing Keeper to the right directory, you may be up/down one folder too many.
  • BleegoBleego Member Posts: 18
    I'm wondering if I need to create an artificial directory structure just to trick ee keeper into working. What I get out of iBackupBot is just a savegame directory and that's it.
    edited June 2015
    I'm stuck at "EE Keeper was unable to read the text resources. EE Keeper must be able to find this file to work properly. Make sure the installation Path and Language (if applicable) has been set to the correct directory and reload the game resources."

I have a bad feeling that I'll have to buy and install bg2ee on my Mac just to edit the iOS saves.
    Post edited by Bleego on
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    @Bleego Uh yes, you do need to have the game installed on the computer you're editing it on. Keeper needs to be able to access the game resources or it won't work. However, there may be a way to do that with the files you already have on your device, perhaps someone knowledgeable in that area can help you out; I don't know anything about the mobile version.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Use ifunbox to copy the entire baldur.app folder to your pc or mac desktop. (requires 2 gb free space) This will be your decoy installation on mac. You can mod, edit on this installation but can not play, obviously. Then eekeeper can read the resources in there and you can edit your saves and transfer back to Ipad.
    I don't think I funbox plays with iOS 8.3 does it?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh they still haven't fixed that up? Pfft. Real shame. I have an ancient ipad2 I stopped updating past ios7. Something so never had a problem.