Skip to content

Vanilla Appropriate Portrait Pack (Mega.nz Link Inside)

LohengrammLohengramm Member Posts: 16
Full credit goes to Swiftee_Mage from these forums for putting together this excellent pack of character portraits. I have curated the original pack, removing about 1/2 of the portaits based on my personal preference. I only want to add portraits that could blend in with or even be mistaken for the pre-existing art of Icewind Dale / Baldur's Gate aesthetic, really. The original pack offered much more variety than that, including races that aren't normally available in these PC games like Tieflings and Dragonkin, art from Pathfinder, Magic the Gathering, and Warhammer Fantasy. A number of portraits had flat white or light grey backgrounds that really stood out against the others and would not really look right in a party with more standard style portraits, so they were also removed. I was a little more thorough in my selection than just removing the named above, but they were the ones that stood out the most. I also preferred not to use the portraits that only featured close ups on faces, though a lot of those faces didn't have anything wrong with them. The original art for a lot of the Icewind Dale females was unfortunately very cheesecake with boobplate abound, so I also removed some of the more excessive female portraits featuring completely unreasonable armor from Swiftee's original pack. I'm not interested in arguing about whether that is right or wrong, this is simply my personal preference and I knew I would never use those kinds portraits. This stands for anything I decided to remove from Swiftee's original pack, really. If you don't agree, that is fine, use the original pack which I am linking to before my own.

Original Thread Here:

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36241/heres-how-to-use-custom-portraits-in-iwdee/p2.

My Curated Version:

https://mega.nz/#!SVcR1boJ!EtcaR2E59w2LeWarXV3uoTvtVtgN3JYHYv5rnoB15iQ

To Install:

Simply navigate to -

C:\Users\*Your Username Goes Here*\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\portraits

Place the unzipped .bmp files in this folder, then when you go to generate a character you can choose the "custom" button after selecting a gender to access these portraits.

Hope others find this useful, have fun!!
Post edited by Lohengramm on

Comments

• FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Thanks, there are some really good ones.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I am incredibly entertained that you have Paladin!Colbert in there. XD
  • LohengrammLohengramm Member Posts: 16
    Jarrakul said:

I am incredibly entertained that you have Paladin!Colbert in there. XD

I couldn't bring myself to remove him... I just couldn't :wink: