Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[Help] [Spoiler] [Solved] Rasaad, Neera and Dorn's Quests

co23co23 Member Posts: 3
I wanted to try Rasaad, Neera and Dorn's quests at the nearly end of the game, before returning to Candlekeep (Chapter 5).

I've finished Neera's quest without problems, without triggering her at Beregost until Chapter 5.

I can't do Dorn's quest, because the first time I encountered him at the Nashkel ambush I refused him, now he's at the Friendly Arm Inn but can't get him in the party or start a conversation, the only thing he says is:
'You'll see the errors of your ways soon enough. Begone'
Have I advanced through the game too much? If so is there a way to do it anyway? I don't want to start another game all over again.

The ambush at the docks doesn't trigger in the Rasaad's quest, I've had the two conversations with him and then tried to trigger this ambush but doesn't work.
I've also tried travelling back and forth through the map to let the game time pass, doesn't work either.

Post edited by co23 on

Comments

  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    co23 said:

    I wanted to try Rasaad, Neera and Dorn's quests at the nearly end of the game, before returning to Candlekeep (Chapter 5).

    That might be only half-way through. @co23! Even if you've done everything else you could possibly do by that stage, there's still quite a lot of game left, I guess around a quarter. So saying "nearly end of the game" is perhaps a little premature!
    co23 said:

    I've finished Neera's quest without problems, without triggering her at Beregost until Chapter 5.

    Okay. That's actually quite difficult, continually dodging around her in Beregost so that her quest never triggers until you want to do it. (You do know that there's a small coda to her questline in BG City, right?)
    co23 said:

    I can't do Dorn's quest, because the first time I encountered him at the Nashkel ambush I refused him, now he's at the Friendly Arm Inn but can't get him in the party or start a conversation, the only thing he says is:
    'You'll see the errors of your ways soon enough. Begone'
    Have I advanced through the game too much? If so is there a way to do it anyway? I don't want to start another game all over again.

    That's the reply which Dorn gives when he's refusing to join you because your Reputation is too high - Dorn is a Very Bad Guy and doesn't like nice guys. He won't join you if your REP is 19 or 20, which is quite likely if you've left him so late.

    You can drop your REP to 18 (or less if you wish) by committing minor crime (e.g. stealing from a store), and then he'll join. However, if you've already done nearly everything else, you may be running out of options for getting your REP back up again after you've finished with Dorn. It is therefore better (when you're playing a high-REP party) to have finished Dorn's questline earlier in the game.
    co23 said:

    The ambush at the docks doesn't trigger in the Rasaad's quest, I've had the two conversations with him and then tried to trigger this ambush but doesn't work.
    I've also tried travelling back and forth through the map to let the game time pass, doesn't work either.

    There's a bug which causes this issue. If, way back in Chapter 3, Rasaad came to your aid when Nimbul ambushed you (on your return from the Nashkel Mine) without you having spoken to Rasaad first, then Rasaad's plotline in Chapter 5 will fail to trigger. The only way to fix this, after the event, is to edit the global variable in your saved game: after recruiting Rasaad, manually create the global variable RASAAD_PLOT with the value 1 (or set the value to 1 if the variable already exists). (Note: don't edit this variable until Rasaad is a member of your party, else you'll force a second copy of Rasaad to spawn, which could be very confusing!)

    cognoscentustypo_tillyco23JuliusBorisov
  • co23co23 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2015
    Thanks a lot!
    I've solved both problems, also the complete command is this: C:SetGlobal("Rasaad_Plot","GLOBAL",1) used this after recruiting him, as you said.
    Related link to Rasaad's quest below

    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34783/known-unable-to-get-rasaad-quest-to-trigger-after-entering-docks

    Also found this post with a useful script to lower or increase reputation.
    v

    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/15967/is-there-a-cheat-code-to-lower-rep ).

    Post edited by co23 on
    JuliusBorisov
Sign In or Register to comment.