Skip to content

I am soloing Baldurs Gate 1-Are there any other games you can do that?

I have soloed BG1, Bg2 and Planescape basically.

I want to solo the following 2nd edition d and d games-

Icewind Dale 1
Buck Rogers CTDoomsday (Sega Genesis)

I usually like playing Cleric/thief characters that can hide if needed and use healing spells that buff them and make them a tank/dmg dealer with melee weapons. I am currrently doing Assassin2 Cleric 9 in Bg1 and it is very powerful.

What class in Buck Rogers can solo and what about that cleric thief as a half orc in IWDale 1? I beat Iwdale 1 with a crappy 3 man party.

Comments

• thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    While it can be a bit difficult (especially for new players), it's possible to solo your way throughout Fallout 1 & 2. Just depends on your playstyle and what weapons you plan to use, since you wouldn't have any pack rats, meat shields, or ranged backup to help you out in those games. Fallout 2 is much more difficult without using companions though, and some are part of sidequests and have useful skills as well.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I have soloed IWD1 with expansions.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    decado said:

What are the class you use? Is there a set of viable classes?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    DKnight said:

decado said:

I'd recommend a FMC or FMT due to the cap mechanics.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    DKnight said:

decado said:

I used a FMT. Healing wasn't an issue as they are plenty of healing potions early on and if you are taking lots of damage later on then you are doing it wrong.

That and the awesome short sword that heals you with each strike from HoW as well as the Giving Star which also heals on some strikes. I found it useful to isolate a troll, down it and then continually smack it with the Giving Star until I was fully healed.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    You're welcome to try and solo Pillars of Eternity. I wish you much luck.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307

You're welcome to try and solo Pillars of Eternity. I wish you much luck.

Nah, I played that game and its too slow. The game sucks. I usually cant detach from Dungeons and Dragons and those games. I can play other games when its an action/rpg or shooter/rpg, but the only party-based games I play are ones that are based on the rules of D&D. Pillars of Eternity might be nice and offers good features for customization but I am really a dnd guy with those games.

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    DKnight said:

Nah, I played that game and its too slow. The game sucks.

Damn, okay. I don't even want to know what you think of Planescape, it would wound me too much.
  • BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110

DKnight said:

Nah, I played that game and its too slow. The game sucks.

Damn, okay. I don't even want to know what you think of Planescape, it would wound me too much.
    I actually like Planescape: Torment, but did not (ultimately) like Pillars of Eternity. The combat system was just so bone-numbing boring, that I couldn't appreciate the rest of the game (which seemed rather decent).
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
    Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics, Arcanum, Lionheart - legacy of the crusader, NWN 1 and 2. You can probably solo Temple of Elemental Evil but I've never tried. Icewind dale 1 and 2, KOTOR 1 and 2.. sort of.

Arcanum would work well with healer/thief type character. .. You could go either a pure technology route and use herbology and therapeutics to make potions and elixers or you could combine necromantic white and black magic to cast cleric like spells and use either of them along with your thief skills. Pick locks and Disarm traps fall under the technology spectrum but won't set you back that much if you went the magic route. The character building options are basically endless in that game. You can be anything.