Skip to content

Spellcasters not following script on new game load

I just started a new playthrough but my spell casters will not follow their scripts. I have tried this with both imported Sorcerer and Cleric and tried multiple party variations (solo, as part of party) and script variations (wizard defensive, wizard aggressive, cleric defensive) and AI is turned on (light on). No matter what I do, my spellcasters always run directly into battle without casting spells, they have plenty of spells memorized.....I can manually cast spells but they won't do it on their own as the script states. Others in the party will follow scripts (archer, fighter), this only appears to be a problem with my spellcasters.

If I load one of my saved games (at later chapters), my same spellcasters will follow scripts then, it appears to only be an issue on a new game load.

I had lots of fun on my first playthrough with only 1 spellcaster (sorcerer) in my group and would like to try another playthrough with a group of more spellcasters; however, they don't last long if they keep running into battle with a quarterstaff! Thanks in advance!

By the way, I am playing on an iPad.